Big Browns

I'm getting excited for Dove season!!!!

Managed a whole zero tonight, place up by Pleasant used to be rapid-fire, couldn't reload the gun fast enough, saw maybe 5 birds :(

Try going a little farther west and s/o carefree hwy. wasnt super fast but enough to keep us busy and have fun. Got 10 in the last hr. Shoulda had more but, well you know.

Today was EPIC! 5 of us limited, including my best friends grands son for the first time. We also got into a lot of Eurasions. Total was 75 Morning dove & 70 Eurasions.

We're having a huge bbq tonight and tomorrow!!!

post-1205-0-02321100-1472843310_thumb.jpg

post-1205-0-37552300-1472844100_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

HECK YAAAA!!! Dang adam, you are on fire my friend! Great job!

DAM Adam. You are killing it. I would love to get into the Eurasians. Haven't founs any down here in Tucson. Just got off work from a 2am, 285 yard concrete pour. Headed back out as soon as kids are home from school.

• Like 1

Man thats a haul! Should be good eatin' tonight!

Wow Big Browns, that is fantastic. Way to go. Are there any left?

Carefree Highway by the G&F office was a downer for me again this year. Jumped 20 or more right off the bat and took one with my first round out of my 870 after not firing it for two years (total skunk in 2015). I thought this was auspicious, but boy was I wrong. This was the only bird I got to shoot at. I only saw one other in 2 1/2 hours of walking. Didn't even set up the decoys as nothing was passing. I need another spot. Anyone willing to share or need a buddy as I am hunting solo now.

Thank you and good luck to all.

Both. EVERYONE hunts dove, and a large portion of them are unsafe idiots.

^^^^^^^This

If you want a similar experience, go to your favorite watering hole on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving or St Paddy's day. Order NA beverages, get a meal, watch the ensuing carnage. Dove opener in most spots is that scenario with guns.

My spot is pretty far out so I don't often get people who come in when we are.there, and once they see someone at the tank they leave. Same if someone beats me too the tank, I leave.

This year was the first year I have ever had anyone just pull up and start hunting with us already there. I wasn't real happy to say the least. I kept my cool even though I was annoyed as heck. I am glad I did, I finally ran into the guy and he was very nice and we worked together to get some birds.

His name was Ron and he is a hunter safety instructor. Nice guy and just as bad a shot as the rest of us so we had a good time.

• Like 1