codyhuntsaz

Leftover deer tags

Your Sportsman ID and valid license number are all connected. For leftovers, the system would reject an entry if a tag for that species has already been issued to that Sportsman ID and valid license number. If you want to guarantee to hunt together, put in on the same application, this assumes you get drawn. If you want to better your odds for your family, have each member submit an application by themselves. The only drawback would be only that tag would be issued.

Option 2. Lets assume you submitted 3 apps with one hunter on each application. You could all put in for the same first choice hunt number and potentially all draw tags for the same hunt if a little luck is on your side.

Well if I did I wouldn't have asked. I just didn't know if they had a way to automatically reject the second two apps once the first one was accepted. I don't want more than one tag I just want to get my wife or son drawn for something rather than nothing. I've never applied for leftovers so it's new to me.

It's confusing to say the least if you haven't gone through the process a couple of times. One person can only be on one application per genus of wildlife per draw. (Well I suppose you could be on more than one app, but only one app will be allowed to draw a tag) I think it's already been answered, but if you want to guarantee you hunt together put all 3 on one app together. If you want to better the odds that at least one of you draw then put in 3 separate apps. If you put more than one hunt choice and separate apps then you run the risk of drawing different hunts too...which could be good or bad depending on the dates.

Actually, you would think they would sell you as many tags as you'd be willing to buy. (Archery tag OTC and Rifle Tag either leftover or drawn) You can only harvest 1 deer a year though.

Do we know this as a fact that you can't buy multiple leftovers? Not sure why you would but I bet they'd take your money.

Actually, you would think they would sell you as many tags as you'd be willing to buy. (Archery tag OTC and Rifle Tag either leftover or drawn) You can only harvest 1 deer a year though.

Do we know this as a fact that you can't buy multiple leftovers? Not sure why you would but I bet they'd take your money.

All you have to do is read the regs .. A little Tip when reading online use ctrl + f to find what you are looking for throughout all pages ... IN this case ... ctrl + f (Leftover) first thing to pop up ...

"First come permits are issued if available and will sell very quickly. Applicants

are advised to check with the Department before submitting

an application for leftover permits. No person, including Youth, may

submit more than one valid application per genus for the First Come

process, with the exception of javelina (see the javelina bag limit description).

A listing of leftover permits is available online at www.

azgfd.gov under “Big Game Draw” or at any Department office. To

submit first come applications by U.S. mail only, please send to: 5000

W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85086, ATTN: DRAW/FIRST COME."

I've never in my life wanted multiple tags so I never looked...

Thanks though, now I know how to use windows. LOL

So.....what's the easiest way to find out if you drew a leftover tag? Just spam refresh your portal account at 9am on Monday or what?

• Like 1

I usually call after they update the list at the end of the first day. They will usually tell you if you drew anything.

• Like 1

Last year they had so many applications I didn't get confirmation that I got a tag until Friday. I called every office in the state on Wednesday that week and got a different answer from all of them.

Until you said that they received a lot less calls. lol

• Like 3