codyhuntsaz

Leftover deer tags

ok - on a last ditch effert to go hunting here in az which requires a draw of somekind - my "portal" account shows a pending for a muzzy tag in 33 -

new country for me - i think there is a back rd to the top of lemon - will hope there some water sources in general area / n/e side.

Good country and not a zoo during that hunt hopefully. Yeah I was surprised to see those leftovers...

There's no reason for you to feel bad for him. He didn't blow all of his points, he used them. He put in for 5 hunts and he drew one of them. If he didn't want to spend his points on a certain hunt, he should not have included it on the app. Nowhere does it say you have to fill out all 5 choices.

If folks do not understand how the draw works, then all they need to do is read the regulations. All the info is there. If any clarification is needed, a simple phone call or email to G&F, or even a posting on a forum like this one, will usually clear up any issues. Besides, if someone has been putting in long enough to have a lot of points to loose, then they, of all people, should know how the draw operates. There really is no excuse for not understanding the draw when you are sitting on a pile of BP's.

If you read the regulations, there were only 3 requirements for them to create point guard; they could make it work logistically, there was a public interest, and it made them enough money. If you read through the rules concerning the program and look at the placements of each "may" and "shall", you will see that the whole thing is to generate revenue with hardly any checks and balances. Everyone should read the whole thing.

Powell, enjoy your hunt, and I'm sure if you and your friend put as much effort into this hunt as you would have a Kaibab hunt, then neither of you will ever regret being drawn. Make the most out of what you can, and good luck!

I understand completely. I just didn't realize that 35B had leftovers usually. He's the one that wanted 35B as the 5th choice. So I guess I shouldn't feel bad for him. Lol. And you are correct, we are going to spend as much if not more effort on this hunt. I've never taken a coues deer before, so it will be an awesome opportunity for me. He's actually hunted 35B twice now, and has taken a decent buck from the unit. We're both excited, and have vacation put in for the whole hunt. I'm looking forward to this hunt! My wife is not though. I've already got a very expensive list of goodies I want to buy for the hunt now. Hehe.

• Like 1

ok - on a last ditch effert to go hunting here in az which requires a draw of somekind - my "portal" account shows a pending for a muzzy tag in 33 -

new country for me - i think there is a back rd to the top of lemon - will hope there some water sources in general area / n/e side.

Are you thinking of peppersauce?

I put mine in the mail yesterday.

I put mine in the mail yesterday.

and they already told you you got one? dang, i must have f'd up.

I kinda feel the same way! You would think they would process all the ones they got on Monday, then Tuesday and so on. Maybe I'm wrong though. I hope so atleast!

I haven't been told shite. I couldn't get them dropped off on Friday.

• Like 1

Updated list just posted 30 seconds ago.

Still showing yesterday's for me, strange.

Still nothing in my portal :(

I had to refresh the list three times for it to get updated to today. I'm pretty confused on how they do this process. There are two hunts I put in for that still have leftover tags. They must just add to the pile every day they check the mail rather than clearing out Mondays clearing out Tuesday etc.

I had to refresh the list three times for it to get updated to today. I'm pretty confused on how they do this process. There are two hunts I put in for that still have leftover tags. They must just add to the pile every day they check the mail rather than clearing out Mondays clearing out Tuesday etc.

They still have tags for the unit I applied for as well, frustrating