Sign in to follow this  
parrita58

35B

The last 8 days I have been checking the azgf portal to see If I got drawn and today at 11am it finally came up got drawn for the late November hunt in 35B can't wait to go out to my favorite spots and glass some terrain

• Like 1

Right on man! I have the early Nov hunt, good luck and shoot straight!

I'm new to the site and to Coues hunting, and I too have drawn the 35B early November Hunt. I just found this site, and I'm pretty excited to learn more about Coues hunting. Good luck to both of you on your hunts. I'm going to need all the luck I can get I'm sure. Haha.

• Like 2

Mark- Grats on the tag. Should have a great time down there.

Powell- Welcome to the site and grats on the tag. Main rule here is don't forget to post your story, and make sure to include pics! Use the search function, read about the Coues habit here in the forums as well as the main site, and don't forget to shoot Amanda an email to get a sticker for your truck. Looking at your sig looks like you have a good rifle setup for some deer slayin'. Tons and tons of useful information throughout this site, but don't search for just your unit. You'll get more out of researching general topics, and looking at the success stories form throughout the state and applying those tactics to any area you hunt than just looking for stuff specific to whichever unit it is you drew in. Welcome to the addictions (both hunting Coues and being a part of this site).

• Like 1

Mark- Grats on the tag. Should have a great time down there.

Powell- Welcome to the site and grats on the tag. Main rule here is don't forget to post your story, and make sure to include pics! Use the search function, read about the Coues habit here in the forums as well as the main site, and don't forget to shoot Amanda an email to get a sticker for your truck. Looking at your sig looks like you have a good rifle setup for some deer slayin'. Tons and tons of useful information throughout this site, but don't search for just your unit. You'll get more out of researching general topics, and looking at the success stories form throughout the state and applying those tactics to any area you hunt than just looking for stuff specific to whichever unit it is you drew in. Welcome to the addictions (both hunting Coues and being a part of this site).

Thanks for the welcome and the tips! I'll make sure to do as you said. I'm very good about photographing my hunts and sharing them. Hopefully I'll have some good photos to share when It's all done. I've taken a lot of deer with my 243. I feel it will be a good fit for coues deer. I like it because it's light, and I can shoot it very accurately out to 600 yards. I am putting a new EGW Picatinny Rail, Vortex Precision Match Rings, and a Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16x44 Scope on the rifle within a month though. I'd like to have a little bit more magnification on the scope. Plus I already have that scope for my 7mm and I'm very familiar with it. The old scope will be going on an AR-15 build I'm working on currently. Here is a pic of my rifle as it sits now.

20160530_204550_zpsornexlho.jpg

I'm new to the site and to Coues hunting, and I too have drawn the 35B early November Hunt. I just found this site, and I'm pretty excited to learn more about Coues hunting. Good luck to both of you on your hunts. I'm going to need all the luck I can get I'm sure. Haha.

Congrats on the tag, I'm sure you will get hooked on Coues just like the rest of us. Check out the free Game Planner Map Viewer If you need to look at some maps of your unit. Just Register with a valid email and your good to go. I'm always available if you have questions or wanna talk maps. Good luck in 35B, I'm sure you'll get some good advice from the guys on here.

Ed

• Like 1

Congrats on the tag, I'm sure you will get hooked on Coues just like the rest of us. Check out the free Game Planner Map Viewer If you need to look at some maps of your unit. Just Register with a valid email and your good to go. I'm always available if you have questions or wanna talk maps. Good luck in 35B, I'm sure you'll get some good advice from the guys on here.

Ed

Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to check it out.