I didn't see grayghost throwing GPS cords around, so I think your honeyholes are safe for the moment.

I've yet to see any in 27, but as has been adamantly pointed out, I saw a bunch of them on the kaibab during the hunt I had up there a couple years ago. I'm not much of a bird hunter, but I'd like to head up there and give them a go. They look tasty!

Grouse are weird no one tells the truth about them. I met a guy who told me him and his dogs limit out every weekend of season until they are snowed out. I personally might get a handful of points out of my dog in my annual trip to the rim to hunt them and kill a few. I know it sounds horrible but due to their low numbers people done share much at all about hunting them. I can just say hunt above 8500ft elevation and look for berries and you should find birds. If you hunt with a dog bring a tracking collar because it's so thick you wont know if your dog is on point without it. Most importantly enjoy yourself I hunt the north rim.

• Like 4

Most guys don't like to share where they hunt because before you know it they are on social media bragging about their annual hunts.

The birds are in small numbers and can not take a lot of pressure.

That's why a lot of Mearns quail hunters won't take people out with them. You might think they could keep things confidential but nope, before you know it you pull up to your favorite spots and find the guy you took and asked to keep it confidential is parked there with his other buddies.

For me it's an honor to be invited on a hunt, and as a guest should keep my promise, but for some unfortunately it is not to be.

• Like 3

On a side note, I have been seeing an increasing number of Chukar in unit 23 the last couple years. Also ran into some in 6A while turkey hunting.

Chukar in the pines? Likely left over from a dog trial or a fun hunt. AKC trials and some hunt tests are often ran with chukars but they want to be in the country that you will see sheep and not turkey.

The first couple times i saw them i thought i was mistaken. The next couple times I confirmed. Chukars in the pines and some in the lower end of 23 in the canyons.

Theres a big write up in the July/August Arizona wildlife views about Arizona blue grouse

• Like 2

There are some relict populations still at several of the old initial transplants done by game &fish, While still living in the prescott area on several occasions saw them on and around mingus Mtn, Cataract canyon out of williams holds some as well along the train route into the canyon.

I've chased the red legged devils on several trips to snake gulch& Hacks canyon, Like Blues/Duskies they are addictive and delicous!!!

• Like 2