Sign in to follow this  
QCChevy

Argentina Dove Hunt!!

So I finally found some time since we arrived back from Argentina to post some pics from our trip. Long story short, I was the winning bidder of a 5-Day Dove Hunting trip in Argentina at the San Tan MDF Banquet last year. It originally started as a trip for my wife and I but she ended up backing out a couple months before we were going to fly down. After about a month of making sure she wasn't testing me I asked my hunting bud if he'd be interested in going and it took him about a millisecond to respond "heck yeah!!". After a couple calls and emails with the outfitter we picked a date and booked our flights to the Dove Hunting Mecca, Argentina!!! Three flights later we arrive in Santiago Del Estero and meet our guide to take us to the lodge. We hunted all 5 days and saw an unbelievable amount of birds and beautiful country. Our bird boys hooked it up with Argentinian BBQ every day out in the field and kept the beers and shells flowing! I generally consider myself a meat-eater but these guys do not mess around down there. If you say yes to it they'll serve it up for breakfast, lunch and dinner!! I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking to cross it off their bucket list. The people are great and respectful. Food is amazing and the doves are just unbelievable!!

post-4130-0-52108000-1469501760_thumb.jpg

post-4130-0-10223300-1469502631_thumb.jpg

post-4130-0-62843800-1469502693.jpg

post-4130-0-74189500-1469502786_thumb.jpg

post-4130-0-48953600-1469502844_thumb.jpeg

post-4130-0-13745200-1469502936_thumb.jpeg

post-4130-0-39716000-1469503217_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Always watched those hunts on TV! Amazing amount of birds.

Thanks for sharing.

great bird hunting down there, looks like your holding a Chaco Chachalaca in the one picture?

One of my dream hunts as well. Did you have to pay for your ammunition? I've been told the hunt it self is cheap, but the ammo cost is crazy!

• Like 2

You are correct, TRKHNTR! They taste great also!!

Big Browns, yes we had to pay for the shells separately. Cost was $12 for a box of 25 so with the amount of shooting we did it added up pretty quickly. If I ever did it again I'd definitely take double what I budgeted for shells alone!!

6ANut, if you ever do get around to doing it I'd advise buying the trip through one of the MDF banquets. You just cant beat the deal.

One of my dream hunts as well. Did you have to pay for your ammunition? I've been told the hunt it self is cheap, but the ammo cost is crazy!

hunting licenses is around $50-60 on a bad day you will shoot a minimum of 1000 rounds.

hunting licenses is around $50-60 on a bad day you will shoot a minimum of 1000 rounds.

quick math.. I'm thinking that's like 500 $ a day..whew that's crazy,but if your having fun might as well I suppose.
  • Like 1

quick math.. I'm thinking that's like 500 $ a day..whew that's crazy,but if your having fun might as well I suppose.

It should have read hunting license is around $50-$60 a DAY.

yea and thats if you are NOT hunting duck or anything else that flies in Argentina the old adage "If It Flies It Dies" is not fiction.

• Like 1