Sign in to follow this  
NMCOUES

LC Smith SxS

Hello all, I really hate to part with this piece of history but I am in the market for a pair of 15's. I have had this shotgun for quite a few years now with the intention of using it as my primary quail gun. I however have found myself just shooting my other SxS and leaving this one in the safe, where it is safe from the unforgiving desert. The gun functions perfectly! The shotgun was made in 1920 and has all three serial numbers that match the date. (very rare to have all three match) If you have any questions about the gun please let me know. I am asking 1100 for the shotgun and hate to go that low but that will get me the funds I need for the binos I need for an upcoming Ibex hunt. Thanks for your time and again please let me know of any questions you may have. Phone number is 575-494-0777 if you prefer to talk to me or text.

Price drop to $950

post-3441-0-79264600-1469738090.jpg

post-3441-0-79177200-1469738102.jpg

post-3441-0-94670200-1469738121.jpg

post-3441-0-68948100-1469738151.jpg

post-3441-0-76170800-1469738171.jpg

post-3441-0-01931000-1469738190.jpg

• Like 4

Dude how sweet is that gun but I never could cheat on my Benelli

• Like 1

Wow.......I really need this gun!!! I kind of have an issue with shotguns and I don't have a SxS. How would the transportation of the gun work with you being in NM?

• Like 1

I'm guessing it been refinished and polished? If not...wow! Nice! Where in nm are you?

Deming! Land of artesian water and fast ducks.

Do they still have the rubber ducky races?

Beautiful shotgun bro, looks like a museum quality piece.

I am located in Deming, the gun has had the walnut refinished. The barrels however have never been touched. They have the original plum blueing on them, they are beautiful. As far as the action goes, it has been lightly polished but never completely redone. The gun is rust free and again functions perfectly.

I am located in Deming, the gun has had the walnut refinished. The barrels however have never been touched. They have the original plum blueing on them, they are beautiful. As far as the action goes, it has been lightly polished but never completely redone. The gun is rust free and again functions perfectly.

From your pics I can tell you with certainty that your gun is 100% refinished and has had lots of work done to it;

The action has been polished and hard chromed,

the stock is aftermarket and has a shape that is nothing like the original and was left un-checkered

a recent non-period recoil pad has been installed,

the barrels have been Re-blued as evidenced by the soft markings and color seen in the pics

I have attached pictures of the same make and model as your gun in very nice, completely original unaltered condition. The gun pictured is currently being offered for sale for $1095.

post-13720-0-94284000-1469827964_thumb.jpeg

post-13720-0-83948600-1469827982_thumb.jpeg

post-13720-0-36267000-1469828006_thumb.jpeg

post-13720-0-72101200-1469828020_thumb.jpeg

Hello and thank you for the history lesson bro! Look as I stated the wood had been refinished. The barrels have never been touched and with out you having the gun in your had how can you be the expert on the gun. The action is not chromed, as you have chosen to positively state, and as far as the recoil pad, yes it was added on in order to match my other guns, stock as not been trimmed.

I specialize in selling collectible double barreled shotguns for a living and have done so since 1978. I have owned and sold more than a hundred pre war L C Smith shotguns of all grades and gauges. I am not trying to tear your gun apart but I think it is important that the gun is described accurately. Most people don't know all the details about these old guns but collectors and enthusiasts do.

The wood is not refinished, it has been replaced. The stock work is of lesser quality than the original and the trigger guard was bent to a funny shape in the process. If the action is not satin chromed then it has been chemically coated. Either way the action should be color case hardened as seen in the pics I posted earlier. Based on your pics I would say with confidence that the barrels have been re-blued. The matting on the top rib has been polished off and the markings appear soft. (See the pic I have attached for comparison) Even if the barrel blue were original, every other part of the gun has been altered.

This gun is what we call a "shooter", meaning it is a nice sound gun but one where the value won't suffer from using it in the field.

post-13720-0-07226900-1469839663.jpeg

I specialize in selling collectible double barreled shotguns for a living and have done so since 1978. I have owned and sold more than a hundred pre war L C Smith shotguns of all grades and gauges. I am not trying to tear your gun apart but I think it is important that the gun is described accurately. Most people don't know all the details about these old guns but collectors and enthusiasts do.

The wood is not refinished, it has been replaced. The stock work is of lesser quality than the original and the trigger guard was bent to a funny shape in the process. If the action is not satin chromed then it has been chemically coated. Either way the action should be color case hardened as seen in the pics I posted earlier. Based on your pics I would say with confidence that the barrels have been re-blued. The matting on the top rib has been polished off and the markings appear soft. (See the pic I have attached for comparison) Even if the barrel blue were original, every other part of the gun has been altered.

This gun is what we call a "shooter", meaning it is a nice sound gun but one where the value won't suffer from using it in the field

t

Thank you for your uninvited information on this item that you have no idea about. I feel very informed now about MY firearm, funny thing is I too am a collector of certain items that are often for sale on this site and have never chosen to troll this site simply looking to falsely try and push my knowledge on others about items that I do not have in my hand. Now in the event that someone asks for my opinion on a certain item I will do my best to answer only when I am certain of all information. But again thanks! For all the cool pics of the guns that you also do not hold in your hands. Also the gun that you showed in your last post was an Ideal grade not a field like the one that I actually have in my possession.

• Like 2