IA Born

Prayer Request for My Mom

I believe in the power of prayer and, over the years here on CW, I have learned that I am not alone and people that don't know each other will offer genuine prayer in difficult times. As hard as it is for me to reach out and ask for help, I don't know what else to do right now.

My mom started her 2nd round of fighting lung cancer a few months ago. 2.5 years ago, we were told she wouldn't win her first battle, but she stayed strong and determined. We've had some great conversations and laughs, as well as some cries, in the last 2.5 years. She's been in the hospital in my home town for just over a week now and its not looking good. The cancer came back more aggressive, including on an adrenal gland, and the chemo has really taken its toll on her body this time. Her white count is extremely high and her immune system is very depressed. I finally spoke to the doctor directly and he has her on a strong antibiotic for her lungs and he wants to give her 24 hours before I make a decision to fly home. I will know more tomorrow afternoon (Aug 3rd), but I may be flying home Thursday to help make her comfortable and be with her. I truly hope and pray that I'm wrong, but we've been down this road before and she did tell me last week that her body was tired and she was ready for it to be over. I've told her from the first day that I would not be selfish and I would respect and support whatever decision she makes. I pray for her recovery, but I also pray that, if its God's will, her pain be over quickly and her suffering is no more. I pray that she finds peace; that we all find peace.

As I said before, I have learned to believe in the power of prayer and I am asking you, if you have time, to pray for a recovery or her peace.

Sad to hear about your mom and her battle IA Born. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom and the doctors.

Prayers sent. Lost my Mon last Oct............BOB!

A fear that every mother's son has. Prayers for you and yours my brother.

• Like 1

May God give you and your mother a special blessing during this difficult time. God always has the last word. You and your family are in our prayers.