IA Born

Prayer Request for My Mom

Thanks again, everyone. I truly appreciate it. Mom passed peacefully and comfortably at 2am Friday morning. I was sleeping five feet from her and rarely left her side. Before finally going to bed Thursday night, I kissed her forehead, told her I love her, and then let her know it was ok to go to my dad while I was sleeping. I've had about 25 hours of sleep since waking up last Monday morning and I'm beyond exhausted, but my wife and kids are here with me now and its better. I've been at peace for several days, but I know it will get a little harder when I deliver her celebration of life speech at her funeral service Tuesday morning, per her request. She was the best and my hero.

• Like 5

Sorry to hear of this update. Prayers for your mom's comfort and for peace for you and your family.

Thanks again, everyone. I truly appreciate it. Mom passed peacefully and comfortably at 2am Friday morning. I was sleeping five feet from her and rarely left her side. Before finally going to bed Thursday night, I kissed her forehead, told her I love her, and then let her know it was ok to go to my dad while I was sleeping. I've had about 25 hours of sleep since waking up last Monday morning and I'm beyond exhausted, but my wife and kids are here with me now and its better. I've been at peace for several days, but I know it will get a little harder when I deliver her celebration of life speech at her funeral service Tuesday morning, per her request. She was the best and my hero.

Tough assignment. I have done a few of those and it's always emotional, but have also been some of my favorite experiences ever. More prayers for you.

It is hard loosing some one close but when they are ready to leave us we most let go. Loosing my grandmother was hard but she was ready and told us all and we all had to let go and when we did she slipped away. I know our God has you and your family in his embrace and is showing you she is better