Huntnchick

Tell me about Girl hunters

You should plan on attending the Women's Javelina hunting camp that we put on in February. It's a great camp with about 30 women hunters and an equal number of mentors teaching hunting to new hunters. We have been hosting this camp for years now. You might meet up with some ladies that you would want to hunt with in the future.

Prdtr already posted the link above (thanks PRDTR!), but here it is again in case you missed it.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/2017-womens-javelina-hunting-camp/

As far as how women hunt, it's runs the gamut the same as men. Some do it alone, some only with others. Some hunt big game only, some only small game. It's whatever you want to do. Personally I enjoy hunting alone as well as hunting with a few good friends. I really enjoy backpack hunts.

• Like 3

My wife grew up around hunting but never seemed to go with the "GUYS." Now days she enjoys getting into the field as much as I do. She has yet to draw a big game tag but that will come. The picture on the right was just after I had asked her to marry me, what better time than opening day of Dove season.

post-8664-0-12163200-1470338908_thumb.jpg

post-8664-0-77660700-1470338921_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Great pictures and great topic.Both of my kids hunted and shot elk,deer,turkeys,and pigs.My wife killed an elk,and went with us.Great memories!!!!

Nothing better than seeing successful female hunters!!! My wife loves to hunt as long as she is with her full time guide (myself). She holds her own glassing and shooting and has been fortunate to draw some great tags. Her determination to succeed is far and above and she works her tail off and it has shown in her hunting accomplishments.

post-553-0-69022400-1470339780_thumb.jpeg

post-553-0-43253700-1470339798_thumb.jpeg

post-553-0-00372900-1470339822_thumb.jpeg

post-553-0-91459200-1470339872_thumb.jpeg

post-553-0-62622200-1470339907_thumb.jpeg

post-553-0-35447100-1470339943_thumb.jpeg

post-553-0-35294300-1470339976_thumb.jpeg

Hunting is what you make of it. The only thing that can hold you back is yourself. You truely get out of it what you put in. Go for broke and don't look back!!!!post-553-0-89504100-1470340217_thumb.jpeg

• Like 12

Holy Smokes!!! Those are some great animals she's taken! Kudos to her! Now I don't feel so manly :(

• Like 2

^^^^^^^^

I've only met 1 woman who goes out and takes the bull by the horns! I don't even know her name. I think it was at a Home Depo and she had a Browning symbol tattoo on her arm, maybe forearm. But she goes out with a group and I think she says it was women in this group and they are hard core. She talked about how she hunted from the beginning of the hunt to the end of the hunt in 24B and got tag soup. She expressed herself as being pissed off she worked that hard because she usually gets a deer. The way she talked about hunting I think she was lot more hard core then me and many other guys on the Forum. Plus there is another girl that works at Sportsman in Mesa and she has dreadlocks (she still looks like all girl) and she looks like she takes the outdoors or hunting pretty serious. Other than that most of the women I know just tag along. I took my wife on a archery hunt with me and that was the last!!!!!! But my 7 year daughter is showing alot of intrest and in her own words " I want to shoot a coyote in the stomach" why the stomach i don't know :)

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies! These are amazing stories! I will look at doing the camps or group things to meet more hunters.

I got hooked really quickly with my husband. I had shot a gun one time before I met my husband, but I was an indoor city girl.

The second year we were married and I got a cow left over tag and a mule deer tag. I had never even accompanied a hunt and got my cow while my husband slept "glassing." A month later I got my muley. Then came our kids. I got drawn for late muzzleloader bull and we took our 5 month old. She had acid reflux and cried the entire time.

The next tag I drew was early archery bull and we took our then two year old girl and our 1 month old son. He cried all the time so I had to "figure out" how to hunt in the rut with a bow all by myself. I did not get one, missed 3, but absolutely loved it. The next year I drew early archery bull again (different unit) with my husband. He hunted first and I got to hunt 2 days since my son was so little and the hunt sucked. The first bull saw me shaking so bad and the second one I missed.

So now comes archery deer and my husband will stay home with the kids and I will go by myself. Basically right now, I do it alone or I don't get to go at all. My husband drew a deer tag in November so we might get to tag along and hang out in the camper or truck while he hunts. (More fun if I could go with him.)

Anyways.

If you have Instagram you can check my life out. Aguasfamilyoutdoors

• Like 2

Guest oneshot

Lucky folks that have a mate they can share their passion of hunting with...

My GF is a NYcity woman who doesn't hunt, and doesn't want to hear the stories, but loves to eat what I bring out of the wild, understands my need to Hunt and doesn't get up-set when I take off for the hills alone...

She does however always ask if my life-insurance is paid-up when I chase bears with the Bow...

Really inspiring thread. Other ideas are to join some of the "critter groups" such as the AZ Deer Association. Sure, there are a bunch of male hunters in these groups, but they are a great bunch of people concerned about conservation. You just might find someone to hunt with!

https://azdeer.org/

https://www.arizonaelksociety.org/

https://www.adbss.org/

http://www.azantelope.org/

• Like 1

My GF is a NYcity woman who doesn't hunt, and doesn't want to hear the stories, but loves to eat what I bring out of the wild, understands my need to Hunt and doesn't get up-set when I take off for the hills alone...

She does however always ask if my life-insurance is paid-up when I chase bears with the Bow...

Honestly I never wanted to hunt. I never wanted to touch a dead animal or kill an animal. But I got hooked after I found an antler. It just built and I realized that if I want to spend time with my husband, I should hunt. Now he wants to be with me hunting. It has made us stronger because I have a love for what he loves.

Honestly I never wanted to hunt. I never wanted to touch a dead animal or kill an animal. But I got hooked after I found an antler. It just built and I realized that if I want to spend time with my husband, I should hunt. Now he wants to be with me hunting. It has made us stronger because I have a love for what he loves.

I hunt to have alone/buddy time!

• Like 3