Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

"How did I live without it?" Hunting Gear

The title might be a bit of an over exaggeration, but it seems like every couple of yours I discover a new piece of gear that I can't imagine how I managed to get by without.

Example: I process most of my own meat. In doing so I have a bad habit of trying to go a little to fast. This pertains to in the field, as well as in my kitchen. With how sharp disposable blades are these days (another how, it did I get by without it piece of gear) it only takes a small slip to do some pretty good damage. I'll usually end up with at least one really good cut per hunt. My wife bought me a pair of these food handling "cut resistant" gloves (see link below). They aren't much bigger or heavier than a pair of latex gloves, but they have saved me from lots of cuts, nicks, and who knows how many stitches.

https://www.amazon.com/NoCry-Cut-Resistant-Gloves-Performance/dp/B00MXUHHGK/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1470617214&sr=1-1

What are some of these for you? Doesn't have to be a life changer, just something some of us might benefit from that we hadn't thought of before.

• Like 3

+ a thousand on the gloves. I ran a knife threw my hand awhile back processing a coues in the garage. I was able to clean it up real good with iodine and superglue shut, but if I had gloves on it wouldn't have happened.

Here is another one. No bait is better when fishing with kids than power bait. It is simple, effective, stays on the hook, and has a longer shelf life than worms. But I hate scooping it our with my finger because it is a pain to wipe/wash off at the lake. A friend tipped me off to cutting the top off of one of my kid's medicine syringes. Stick it in the powerbait, give it a couple twists, and pull it out. Smash your treble hook in, squirt it all out, and you are good to go. I unfortunately discovered you could already buy them this way before I could patent it.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Danielson-Dough-Bait-Mait/productDetail/Dough-Bait/prod9999005433/cat101115?ref=google?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shoppingfeeds&utm_term=417283&utm_campaign=GDF&gdffi=956ae87823e94c98adceb63322121bc0&gdfms=D88E360BCF7E4DFF9F574F2843C4E2CD&gclid=Cj0KEQjwuJu9BRDP_-HN9eXs1_UBEiQAlfW39oUu9JuAvEfD7WUq3VlOmifgqTEdoGwx58VqwvrHkwYaAs058P8HAQ

• Like 1

0004934500231_215X215.jpgHow bout these little angels .. Baby wipes ....[/qu

Always take them

^^^^^ oh my baby wipes are awesome, killing 2 birds with one stone, clean hands and a clean tush all at the same time.

^^^^^ oh my baby wipes are awesome, killing 2 birds with one stone, clean hands and a clean tush all at the same time.

just don't get them confused with the Clorox wipes in the trailer , my dad did one year never laughed harder in my life.
  • Like 7