mbiewer

Rossi branch hand

Been kicking around the idea of picking up a Rossi ranch hand for HAM javelina. Only person I talked to that had/hunted with one wasn't a fan.

Just looking for more information. By az gfd standards it's classified as a pistol and thusly can be used for handgun hunting

Hollywood wants to take credit for the invention of the Mare's Leg. But who's to say an old repeater was never cut down. Looks awkward, even more so than my 1875 repro.post-11051-0-60933300-1470956984_thumb.jpg

Someone on another forum claims they contacted Rossi and was told no +P ammo.

They also said the manual for the Mare's Leg states that firing reloads will void the warranty.

Lame!

No big deal. It's just a room clearing gun. Does anyone seriously believe it is worthwhile spending that kind of $$$ for the cool factor? To the OP, if you want a handgun for HAM hunts get a revolver or a TC that doesn't weigh 4#'s and actually has some resale value.

• Like 1

Lame!

No big deal. It's just a room clearing gun. Does anyone seriously believe it is worthwhile spending that kind of $$$ for the cool factor? To the OP, if you want a handgun for HAM hunts get a revolver or a TC that doesn't weigh 4#'s and actually has some resale value.

I'd have to go with the TC
  • Like 1

The Contender is great for the HAM hunt. I might change it up this winter and use the old cap and ball but the TC is impressive.

And yes PRDTR....I am contemplating the seriousness of getting one of these too... Kinda the point of this post. Ha ha