Sign in to follow this  
Thedude138

Goat DOWN!!

Well was lucky enough to tag out yesterday, after closing the distance from over 1000 yards to about 225 yards the group of antelope was not too interested in me and my decoy at that point in the morning so after they turn tail and ran off I decided to get to the High Point and glass all around me , Once I get to the top I relocate the group of antelope again, So I circle around and approach from a different direction . As I'm working my way up the hill I come across a badger, then I work my way across the flats and the badger beat me to a tree out there well as I'm playing around with the badger for 5 to 10 minutes I looked to my left and spot the antelope, then I turn my attention to the antelope I don't make it 40 yards from the tree where the badger was and the buck spots me and my decoy he comes running from over 300 yards away on a string straight to me he comes up to about 45 yards turn broadside I draw back my bow, he decides to turn and run out to 75 yards so I let down adjust my pin and I draw back again and let it fly! I hit him waited a few before I started to track him. Track him over a couple little Rolling hills, and catch him bedded down in the open no more doe's around him. He tries to stand up and nearly falls over and then stands there and proceeds to shake his head as if he's getting real dizzy! Then lays down under some trees I wait for another 10 or 15 minutes then I snuck my way down to him got to about 47 yards I draw back my bow and hammered him in the chest again he gets up and takes off again to my surprise I wait a little bit and track him and the rest is history !! I will tell you what though my adrenaline went from 0 to 1000 in a matter of seconds ,seconds!!!! I hope one year I am lucky enough to draw another tag such a fun fun hunt beautiful and interesting animals as well !!

post-11995-0-02030500-1471369945_thumb.jpeg

post-11995-0-91601600-1471369962_thumb.jpeg

post-11995-0-08680800-1471369978_thumb.jpeg

• Like 29

Dude that's awesome. Thanks for sharing your story, that smile on the lat pic says it all.

• Like 2

Very cool. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your hunt!

• Like 1

Dang, great goat you got yourself! Congrats!

• Like 1

sounds like an awesome hunt. Way to stick with him and make something happen, congrats on a hard earned trophy!

• Like 1