Sign in to follow this  
CJNAZ

Sit still or else!

Curious what the ground blind community uses for seating while they are in there for extended periods of time.

Do you use a stool or low seat?

Do you use a regular camping fold-up chair?

Looking for ideas to prolong my time in the blind without fidgeting around too much. Too many times in a duck blind and tree stand with my Dad back in the day and being told, "you'd best sit still or else!"

I use a low seat specifically built for blind use. It swivels, comfortable, and most importantly quiet! I also use a packing blanket on the ground to minimize noise which helps alot too.

• Like 1

i spend a lot of time in a ground blind. do yourself a favor and just get a comfortable chair that doesn't squeak when you move around. the ones that are sold specifically for ground blind hunting are terrible if you plan on spending more than a couple hours in the blind.

• Like 3

i spend a lot of time in a ground blind. do yourself a favor and just get a comfortable chair that doesn't squeak when you move around. the ones that are sold specifically for ground blind hunting are terrible if you plan on spending more than a couple hours in the blind.

Unless you get a good one. I spent over a hundred hours in mine last August/September and wouldn't trade it for anything. I tried some of the cheap ones first and agree they are terrible.

I tried the blind chairs also been using a regular folding chair from walmart and im not complaining but I haven't found the perfect chair yet

I also use a ground blind swivel seat with a back rest and adjustable leg's. Your gonna suffer sum no matter what. But make sure its quite, last thing you want is a noisy chair blowing your shot after sitting 100+ hrs

• Like 2

Guest oneshot

Since my ground blinds are all made from local brush/dead limbs, and i don't care to carry the extra bulk of a chair, all of my ground blinds have a carefully made bench-type seat made from flat rocks. I use a small foam pad, sold in wal-mart as a "gardening knee-pad", if needed...

If you choose to carry/use a chair, make sure you can draw your Bow without the Bow hitting seat, if it has arms it will restrict the angles you can shoot from... a comfortable seat is not putting your body in a 'proper" form for shooting a Bow without quite a bit of movement... and practice shooting from the chair...

I like the seat with a cooler built in.. Keeps my sandwich cool and there is nothing like that first drink of coke when its cold.

Anybody ever listen to headphones while in the blind?

I've tried it but cannot get over the feeling that I'm missing something.

• Like 4

i have in the past sprinkled a little bird seed in front of the blind. watching birds and squirrels fight over it keeps me somewhat entertained on long days

i have in the past sprinkled a little bird seed in front of the blind. watching birds and squirrels fight over it keeps me somewhat entertained on long days

U know you were using the birdseed for other purposes, you can't fool us grayghost...