Sign in to follow this  
pete

San Carlos double

Got to spend four days up in the mountains with my son bear hunting on the San Carlos Rez. We were hunting in unit C with Trophy Bob Stevens Who is a remarkable outfitter and philosopher about life. We saw a lot of critters in that place. My son ended up shooting his Bear at 270 yards ,spot amd stock. I shot my bear at 40 yards called him in. Years ago it would be all about killing bears which and somewhat it still is but more importantly for me it's spending time with my son in the mountains passing on the tradition. We have to get these kids more involved so when we're too old to fight for our gun rights they'll do it for us.

post-2600-0-86465600-1471474943.jpeg

post-2600-0-73416600-1471474995_thumb.jpeg

• Like 24

Well done!! Awesome to get the kids in there!

Congratulations to you and your son. No better way bringing him up. I like the way you think. Thanks for sharing both your beautiful bears. :)

TJ

Awesome bears and to do it with your son makes it a life long memory. San Carlos Rez. Is a awesome place. I grew up in globe and hunted that Rez all the time as a kid.

Congrats on the hunt! Good times!!

How do the Coues deer look? I've gotta jan tag in C... Chomping at the bit waiting to get up there and start the quest.

• Like 1

Congrats nice bear. How was your guide the reason I ask is that someone I know was up there this weekend and had a horrible experience with his. It is a shame they make you have to have one now.

Great lookin bears!!!! How long did it take your bear to come in on the call?

Our guide was the best he and I have been friends for a while but that was my first hunt with him. Very knowledgeable about the Rez he has been a outfitter for 34 years never had another job. "Trophy" Bob Stevens if he can't guide you he will recommend the right one

Congrats nice bear. How was your guide the reason I ask is that someone I know was up there this weekend and had a horrible experience with his. It is a shame they make you have to have one now.

[the coues look just fine .you will have a good hunt . Please contact me prior I have a scoop for you .quote name=208muley" post="671432" timestamp="1471488245]

Congrats on the hunt! Good times!!

How do the Coues deer look? I've gotta jan tag in C... Chomping at the bit waiting to get up there and start the quest.

my bear was there in 6-7 minutes he was being real sneaky. I was calling as light as I could .

Great lookin bears!!!! How long did it take your bear to come in on the call?