Sign in to follow this  
Koury Guide Service

Big Kaibab Bull down.

I am going to keep this very short and to the point. I finally drew the 2016 Spring Buffalo hunt on the Kiabab plateau. I had over 30 bonus points accumulated for this hunt and 2016 was my tear to draw.. After receiving my tag I called Russ Jacoby and we met a couple weeks later to discuss my hunt and expectations. Yes I am a guide and kill alot of huge animals evry year with clients but Buffalo is not my thing. My knowledge of the Bufalo on the plateau is about 1/1,000,000 the knowledge that Russ has and I was not looking to kill a small Buffalo. After 10 days of no luck it all changed in an instance and I picked my Buffalo out of a heard of approx 130 Buffalo. There were so many there once I decided which bull was the largest it took another 20 minutes to get a clear shot. If you have a Buffalo tag on the plateau do your self a favor and call Russ. If you need his number I can get it to you....

post-5221-0-27648200-1471479996_thumb.jpg

post-5221-0-75298800-1471480034_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Congradulations on a great bull. Which hunt was this?

Wow! Congrats on a beast of a bull!

Congratulations Shane on a trophy of a life time. Glad you finally got the tag. :)

TJ

Right on! Can only imagine how intense 100 bison coming at you would feel! Congratulations and thanks for sharing with the group.