Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Code Red Rip Cord rest issues

I just purchased one, and notice the felt is a little wrinkled. Anyone have tricks for making this rig better?

I tried to peel and flatten more, but I'm not happy with what I see!

I had a couple different problems with my ripcord.

1.) There's a metal on metal contact point inside the housing when the rest drops during the shot that made a slight clank. I opened it up and put a tiny piece of felt in there to cushion it and that quieted it down a little.

2.) The plastic arms were bending from dropping against the arrow shelf of my bows riser, so I cut the top 1/4" or so off of them so that they did not contact the riser any more.

3.) Mine also got to the point where I could not stand it up manually to hold the arrow, it would just fall back down.

Finally I fixed it by taking it off the bow and replacing it with a limb driver rest.

Don't mean to hijack your thread but figured this is a worthy question given the title. I been having some fletching contact with my newly installed ripcord. Will tightening the string connected to the football help the rest drop sooner? Any thought?

I sent them an email, they said try to peel a little and re-apply. I'm wanting more than that. I'm not liking this product

I sent them an email, they said try to peel a little and re-apply. I'm wanting more than that. I'm not liking this product

In spite of all the fiddling mine required, after I did get it dialed in so to speak, it was my second favorite drop away I've had (I've used 6-8 different kinds). It just took some fiddling, and unfortunately, the warranty is probably gone after you do the things I did to mine, so if you mess with it and still don't like it, then you're probably stuck with it.

I thought maybe it was just my rest, but went to cabelas to see one in the package and the same thing. So, it a regular problem they have. Yes they can replace parts, but I'll learn from this and will find a way to modify.