Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Reed

Under Armour pisses off hunting community

No, they just ambushed water holes, food sources, etc... Like any other predator.

Agreed, if they had 500 lbs of maple donuts 15,000 years ago. I am convinced there wouldn't be a single person that could fit in UA camo anyway... LOL

No, they just ambushed water holes, food sources, etc... Like any other predator.

Agreed, if they had 500 lbs of maple donuts 15,000 years ago. I am convinced there wouldn't be a single person that could fit in UA camo anyway... LOL

paleo diet

• Like 1

paleo diet

Wheat belly diet! lol

Bears are cool as heck. Never had much desire to shoot one nor spear one but I'd sure like to spear that chick that lost her sponsorship from under armor. She has potential

• Like 3

Bears are an apex predator. Not just a scavenging omnivore. Not much to scare them off in the wild. Other than another bigger bear. Which humans are not. I have seen an AZ bear come right at people before. And trust me, I would not consider it "tame". Just not afraid of a smaller animal.

I don't see how someone can say these bears that are baited are tame? That blows my mind. If you think so, I would be interested in seeing you try and feed them from your hand or give them a pat on the head.

If you feel this strongly about hunting over legal bait, I think you should reevaluate hunting over water, salt, or a food source again.

• Like 5

And i don't see how someone can think that a 300lb hairy vulture that you can sit 2 feet from and take a pic of or yell at them and they don't runaway is a wild animal. Not much sport in that hunt, but different strokes for different folks.

Any Hunter so disgusted by baiting should not be calling in a bull elk with a cow call. You are just baiting that bull in with sex as opposed to hunger. Or maybe rattling in a Midwestern whitetail? Doe estrus? Sitting on a man made scrape? Decoys? Water hole? Corn field?

isn't it strange when you sit and think about it.... a hunter can plant an acre of corn in a field and sit on the edge and that is accepted and legal, but if same Hunter spreads a bag of corn on the ground and sits there it's bush league baiting? It's all semantics.

bugling an elk is the same as putting 50 gallon drums of food up for weeks at a time to attract bears and whacking them after theyve become accustomed to eating everyday? thats not how i see it in the slightest, but we can have different opinions. some of that other stuff you mentioned isnt even legal in AZ to begin with

This is getting good!

64832870.jpg

It's legal, go for it. Whatever blows your skirt up.

Some guys whining about it would be the ones defending the rich boys who send platoons of goons to the hills in search of monster bucks, only to stroll in for the kill shot and obligatory outfitter watermark photo.

If you are bashing another hunter for his chosen flavor you might as well be an anti.

Prolly just jealous of his mad spear chuckin skills.

• Like 1

I haven't bashed anyone not sure if you're talking to me. I've just bashed baited Canadian bear hunting in general. I kinda have an issue with "if it's legal" there's things that are illegal that should be legal(hookers) and there's things that are legal that aren't "right" in my opinion. Not saying baited bear is one of them, just in general I mean.

Every bear I've come in contact with in AZ and New Mexico has ran as fast as they could the other direction. Fishing on black river several times have heard movement thru the bushes across the stream, one time a bear drank for a second before spotting me (15-20' away) then bolted scared as can be. I actually laughed cause I had it pictured opposite. Haven't heard of many attacks if any where human places food wasn't the issue, camp trash, fish guts, cabin trash can etc. Oh and F yeah for spears!!!! Who was the dude that speared the bison last year/year before?

i am just glad he didnt use an atlatl , atlatl are just so unfair and they cause even the good and ethical spear hunters to be cast in a bad light.

• Like 1

Man, PETA and the anti-crowd just love this stuff. They troll, hunters get all self riteous about other hunters doing it wrong, and we pick ourselves off without them having to lift another finger.

Figure it out, ladies and gentlemen that love to hunt! If it is legal, DO NOT TRASH FELLOW HUNTERS! If you do not like the law, work to get it changed. Muzzle loader guys think rifle guys aren't true sportsmen. Flintlock guys think those using breach load primer fired smoke poles are not real muzzleloader purists. Compound hunter can't understand another hunter that wants to drop an animal from 400 yards. Recurve guy thinks he is way more traditional than compound guy, and longbow dude thinks he should get special seasons just for him because he is a "real archer."

Eventually, your chosen "better" or "ethical" method of hunting is going to come under attack as well. Stand together with all other hunters doing it legally - our division just hastens an end to us enjoying our lifestyle.

• Like 2