az4life

Wyoming Bighorn success

I'm beat.... I though AZ had some tough hunting but Badlands in Wyoming are incredibly tough. Beautiful but tough.

With me "guiding" Ha ha, and packing, My brother in law took a really nice sheep today. The spot an stalk went great with a 2 hour wait him out before he stood up and presented a clear shot from 350 yards. Enjoy the Pics... Oh I'm trying to show my very first digi-scope pic from 800 yards too. It's a bit fuzzy but shows 3 legal rams and the one we took is on the far left. (biggest one we saw)

post-11-1188710440_thumb.jpg

post-11-1188710482_thumb.jpg

post-11-1188710623_thumb.jpg

AZ, that is awesome! Tell the b in law congrats on a great sheep. Gotta love sheep hunting in WY in Sept. That is what dreams are made of!

One of these days I'll draw my tag!

Awesome! GREAT JOB!

Thanks for the pictures!

awesome job to you AZ and your B.I.L.! What a beautiful ram! Thanks for sharin', JIM>

Thanks for all the comments, I'll pass them on.

This ram obviously had a close call with death previously so it gives it a lot of character too. If you look closely at the left Horn, and note how it appears broomed a bit more and shorter than the right one. That horn has a bullet hole right through it and we cannot see for any way how it could not have hit this Ram before passing through it. Amazing stuff.

He is a bit more than a full curl on the right and about 7/8 on the left. Aged to about 7+ .

Yeah it was super rugged but really quite beautiful too. The first 200 yards made this one of the toughest game recovery scenarios I have ever been involved in. Not for the weak of heart or spirit. 60 degree loose sandy and rocky slopes, A real Fear of personal injury and such keeps you respectful of nature.

Here's another picture of the area for rugged reference.

post-11-1188770414_thumb.jpg

Beautiful ram!! Congrats to your Bro.

What unit?

I gave up on Wy. sheep when the point went up to $100

What a beautiful animal! Looks like your taking to Wyoming rather well. Keep it up!