jdown

Rifles for sale - Remington 280 Mtn Rifle

There should be a couple of pic at the beginning of this thread, but happy to send you whatever you would like.

It is a 22" blued tapered bbl (to reduce weight) and very nice piece of wood stock that also has a taper to it to forend. It is a BDL, not detachable box mag. I am the original owner and am sure I have the original box if that matters. I bought it new in the mid to late 90's. Gun has less than 200 rounds through it. Clean bbl with typical clean and cool after every shot for first 20 and I can guarantee it has have never had more than 4 rounds through it without cleaning and cooling. Factory trigger that I adjusted (those older Remington triggers would adjust down to a pretty crisp approx 3lb pull) and I never did more than that to it. I would guess the weight at around 6.5lbs, but not sure. Shoots the 140gr well (3/4" with factory Fed loads). I have shot 160 Win STX through it as well, but very limited experience with anything other than 140gr. As I recall the 160s didn't group quite as well but made one mule deer hunt with the 160 to see performance of the Win Failsafe (it was impressive, but not needed for md) and went back to the 140s.

Let me know if I can answer anything or you would like to see it. I have several boxes of factory ammo as well.

Thanks

Josh

• Like 1

Thank you for the details. I was looking at the pictures and could not tell. I was looking for a stainless one. Good luck with the sale

No worries and thanks for inquiry

Final Price Drop:

Remington 280 - $550

Leupold 3.5-10X40 - $250 with the purchase of either rifle.

Lots of ammo and will discuss price with rifle purchase if interested.

Call or text Josh with any questions

480-369-4923

Thanks!

• Like 1