HUNTnTAT2

6b Stolen gear

JUST A PUBLIC SERVICE.

PLEASE lock up your gear and belongings while out hunting or adventuring Arizona's great outdoors. Just received a call from my brother who was out scouting for his upcoming archery Bull tag and said they had gear, ice chests, food, my dry box, bow case, gas cans and quad ramps stolen while they were out yesterday morning. This occurred in 6b close the the 231 and 538 roads.

That sucks! you almost have to set up game cams in your camps when you head out.

• Like 1

Man, my heart goes out to you. Thieves are the lowest of the low. I really hope your brother recovers his gear, although it's pretty much impossible at this point. I hope all fathers out here teach their sons not to be the kind of person that steals another man's hard earned belongings.

That sucks! you almost have to set up game cams in your camps when you head out.

One of my buddies does that...lol

Or just put a sign.

I do. I also point a camera at my rig when it's parked at trailheads for days at a time.

So far so good....

I did that this yr on the opening weekend of archery hunting this weekend and locked up my coolers.

Sad we have to do this nowadays.

I do. I also point a camera at my rig when it's parked at trailheads for days at a time.

So far so good....

Thats exactly what my buddy does.. He hides a camera in the brush where we park before heading off into the woods..I guess it could be helpful at locating a thief if they are still in the area.

• Like 1

Dang, sorry to hear man. Thats always one of my fears hunting down south. Knock on wood nothing has ever been taken from our camp, but we always leave a ice chest full of water out in the open. Just in case we get some stragglers coming into camp wanting some water. Rather them take water and leave then have them rummage thru our camp. Also my father and grandfather staying in camp always helps.

Seems like you guys get hit pretty hard with thieves up north. It's sad you can't even trust to come back to your camp the way you left it. I hope you recover some of your guys stuff!

• Like 1

So far so good....

Thats exactly what my buddy does.. He hides a camera in the brush where we park before heading off into the woods..I guess it could be helpful at locating a thief if they are still in the area.
If they are in a vehicle, I'll get that and their plate too.
  • Like 2

I have "semi" friendly German Shepherd who stays at camp for this reason.

• Like 2

What type of vehicle was the gear in? Open backed pickup, SUV or locked camper shell?

This worries me when I hunt in populated areas.