Sign in to follow this  
Hatchet Jack

snake gaiters

Who out there wears em? Anybody have a snake gaiter they like besides the turtle skins? My budget is getting tighter, looking at the ones sportsmans or cabelas carry.

I have a pair similar to these: http://www.baselineequipment.com/crackshot-corp-snake-guardz-gaiter

They fit and wear well. I mainly bought them when we were hunting in "shin dagger" country. There was so much of it, you couldn't find a place to sit on the ground. Nasty stuff....worse than snake bite.

Who out there wears em? Anybody have a snake gaiter they like besides the turtle skins? My budget is getting tighter, looking at the ones sportsmans or cabelas carry.

I have a pair you are talking about they seem fine just hot,and alittle combersome, but I guess it beats the alternative.Snakes creep me out,and it seems nowadays they don't buzz/warn as much like back in the day.

I wear a pair of foreverlast pro gaiters. I think they work very well. I like the fit and the wire band m to keep them from riding up that goes around the sole of your boot. Buddy a few years back got hit while wearing snake boots while we were deep in a canyon and from then on Ive been pretty set on wearing some protection. It would have been bad news. Better safe than sorry.