Non-Typical Solutions

Roughest Road Ever?

After a weekend venture driving(in my truck not a 4 wheeler) what I believe to be the roughest stretch of dirt road ever it got me to thinking.

Where is the roughest road you have ever been on in Arizona? I am not talking about rock crawling or anything crazy, just regular dirt road that doesn't seem to give it up when it comes to just rough??

• Like 1

I don't want to give locations of a few since I hunt on them lol but one of them only has a forest service road sign. If it wasn't for the sign you wouldn't know it was a road since its grown over every year I go back to it. Carpet hill used to be really bad!

• Like 1

Talhoit mesa road #666. Number is very fitting.

132-D edge of the Pine Grove Quiet area

but my personal favorite is the 214 rd between cedar flats and Stoneman lake rd. especially at the start coming from cedar flats.

• Like 5

Yeah, anytime I say, "I saw this road on google earth, I think its a short cut.." It seems to break the record for the roughest road. LOL

Its got to the point to where buddies don't even want to try them!

• Like 4

+1 on 132D.... and 214 come to think of it.. I am surprised we haven't run into each other 6Anut

We probably have multiple times and Casey I don't do heights. I absolute hate the drive into cedar flats from Camp Verde, that road is near a huge drop off.

Road 419 in 7E. It is shown as a "dirt road suitable for passenger car". Bull____. If you take your car down that road I would be happy to sit at the other end waiting to hand you 30 cold beers.

That road sucked last year. I took a double cab Dodge longbed down it. I have a 6 speed with granny low and I was in first gear low range at several points. I am no stranger to rough roads. I have rock crawled for 15 years, and I have been on "rock crawling" trails that were way easier. I almost turned around several times, but I thought to myself it can't be any worse and I have to be getting close to the end. I wasn't.

In a SxS or quad it may not be all the bad because you could bypass a lot of the crap, but in a truck that is 22' long you don't have quite the turning radius and ability to bypass things.

Harley

• Like 3