hunter01

Unit 1 Thefts

Heads up. I've been told that several camps had stuff stolen this past weekend. Lots of people were up there for the holiday. Guns, gear, trailer, atv/utv tires/wheels and such.

This is getting out of hand !!! Never heard of this crap years ago !!! See what tolorace gets us. It's time to fight back and start putting these bastard$ in the ground they have run out of their welcome, as these are antis mostly doing this trust me !!

This is BS, some years ago on a elk hunt my friend killed an elk, we went back to truck got our pack and stuff to get the elk out. we left our guns in the truck behind the seat and went to get the elk. on the way back to the truck in the dark we noticed flashlights around the truck, with the binos we looked at the truck and they guys were trying to jimmy the lock. Bad idea as we had our pistols with us and open fired at them. needless to say they left in a hurry. When we got to the truck we noticed how close they were to getting in.

would not be a bad idea to leave someone around camp on top of a hill with a little .243 or something to keep a$$holes from looking around your camp..

Last year I was with the family up by big lake for the Labor day weekend. Lots of hunters for archery deer trailers were left at campgrounds. You know the look like someone just parked it there set up one table, no chairs equipment, looks like no one has been there for a week kind of Look! While driving by with the kids on the Rhino I was saying to myself "man that looks so obvious". If I was a thief I would go there that night and ransack the trailer. Its that easy for those scum bags! Thieves are lower then dirt! They don't think. Their first impression that comes to their mind is "hey look no one is around lets take their stuff". How do you get to that point? If its not yours its okay to take? Lower then DIRT SCUM BAGs!! ok ok im done writing Im getting so mad thinking about this

Bastards! If you can, I know it's after the fact but - setup a game cam if you can - on your stuff b4 heading out...

The areas hit were north and south of 260 and off the 117 as well. G&F and the sheriffs dept are aware and reports were made.

Noticed same thing in 23.

Trailers parked and no sign of activity.

It is a shame that respect for entering empty camps has gone by the wayside these days.

I was taught to not enter a camp unless you ask permission and it is granted.

No one home--drive away. Simple.

• Like 1

its just going to get worse the more people leave their trailers and stuff out for weeks at a time unattended. Happens to trail cams and stands all the time- not going to be any different with more expensive things. It pisses me off too.

I honestly think it wasn't as bad before because people were leaving empty tents and cheap plastic tables instead of 30k trailers with UTV's & accessories stored in them.

its just going to get worse the more people leave their trailers and stuff out for weeks at a time unattended. Happens to trail cams and stands all the time- not going to be any different with more expensive things. It pisses me off too.

I honestly think it wasn't as bad before because people were leaving empty tents and cheap plastic tables instead of 30k trailers with UTV's & accessories stored in them.

Yeah I lost an empty tent and 2 plastic tables last year...

I was archery deer hunting several years ago at the kaibab. I set up a ground blind late in the day. I came back the following morning and some jerk had stolen it. It's a shame you have to lock every thing down when you leave camp, but that's the society we live in now.

Unit 1 has the worst hunters... Never run into people like that anywhere else, that's why I quit hunting there. Unit 1 people are a special kind of stupid.