The water journey into hunting was cool, Getting into the wilderness, solo, always a good thing.

Going after a certain big buck and connecting is impressive (I have tried, and failed).

Lots of fore thought and intent with that harvest, and congratulations.

• Like 1

Thanks to all for the comments I'm still on high from the whole thing! Headed to check those trail cams today hopefully my deer is on them. Possibly catch a deer killin kitty while we're there! A huge bonus would be to find his sheds from last year too. Creeds right the pictures can't show this deer's main beams especially. Almost 36" of mass and 19" and almost 21" main beam lengths! I still just can't believe it.

Left main beam

20 5/8

Right main beam

Left mass

Right mass

17 5/8

Left total

56 5/8

Right total

54 7/8

Spread

14 2/8

Total

125 6/8

I took these the day after, no cure time or anything but I was curious how much he will shrink. The horns are in the freezer and I plan on getting them freeze dried.

• Like 2

Dang dude everything about this post is spectacular! Out of all the greatness available in this post I think your writing style and how you put your story together is what made this one of my all time favorite posts. Unlike most hunting stories I've read as of late when I read yours I didn't feel like I was reading an advertisement for a bunch of sponsored hunting gear. None of the usual "I kayaked in on my trusty so and so kayak after which I hiked in with my so and so boots then glassed up the buck with my so and so best binoculars in the world finally ending it with my so and so broad head blowing right through the bucks heart like a knife through butter." I don't know if you wrote it this way on purpose but either way I think you did an outstanding job. Congrats and thanks for taking the time to share your hunt with us. Oh I almost forgot.....125 ARCHERY SPOT AND STALK COUES ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! You sir are an official hunting stud in my book. Keep it up!

• Like 2

Stud man!!

Cody, Great write up, felt like I was right there with you.Your respect for this fine animal is refreshing. Thanks for sharing.