huntlines

Bull of a lifetime UPDATED with story

Awesome bull. Lucky guy to draw the early rifle considering he was just drawn in 2008. Good for you guys. But if I read your article correctly; it states his "right side was broken"

Where is he broken? I can not seem to find it

Notimetohunt,

It is broken on the right G3 at the very tip. Probably lost about 5 to 6 inches of tine there. Not a big deal but when I first got a glimpse of him coming through the trees I thought it was his sword tine on the right.

Huntlines,

I have been fortunate to have a archery bull tag 3 of the last 5 years in that unit and have spent lots of time in that area (both bulls I killed where in there). I camp really close and just hike from camp up the hill. I only put a friends camera on that tank once for 3 weeks when I realized how much people activity there was. The year after the fire the fence was fixed, then later that next summer somebody had cut all the strands to drive a 4-wheeler back to the tank. Last year when I had a tag, I encountered more people and cameras than the other years combined. That is sweet you guys got in there first before the crowds for a crack at that monster!

Are you from Safford? I would love to see the bull sometime!

Congrats to your brother in law!

Jeff

I believe Redline410 has a trail cam picture of this bull taken on Sept 2, 2016 bedded on the edge of a dirt tank. One Bad butt bull for sure.. Congratulations

Cohntr6,

I live in Safford but my brother-in-law lives in the Phoenix area. I will be doing the taxidermy work so maybe when I'm ready to mount him you can see him.