Hoytman

Unit 8

Group tagged out on 2 cows by 9 am friday morning. Saw plenty of bulls as well. Bugling was hit ir miss all weekend. Saw what seemed like more hunters just driving than hunting. Should get better and better as the next week and half go by

Get away from the roads. Even when I hunted 8 over 15 years ago people road hunt the heck out of that unit.

My wife has passed a couple small bulls. Didnt have a shot at a couple nice ones. Sunday she got a shot at a 320ish bull but no luck. The hardest thing for us has been the other hunters. I still cant believe the lack of respect from fellow hunters. Its been a great hunt so far and should only get better. Good luck!

• Like 1

My wife has passed a couple small bulls. Didnt have a shot at a couple nice ones. Sunday she got a shot at a 320ish bull but no luck. The hardest thing for us has been the other hunters. I still cant believe the lack of respect from fellow hunters. Its been a great hunt so far and should only get better. Good luck!

Good luck. Hope she gets a big one!

I can relate to the lack of respect. Last year there were guys fighting over water holes, guys intentionally walking a circle around other guys just blowing on a bugle.

As long as I have hunted that unit it has always been horrible with road hunters. The first time I hunted deer there, I called the game warden for some info....his advice, "Drive the roads until you see one." I couldn't believe he said that. That was the end of the conversation.

Friend killed a 350 bull on sat sitting a wallow in the evening.

Drive around bugling out the window of your diesel truck. Im kidding of course but I've witnessed this with my own eyes.

I dont think unit 8 is the only place with rude and disrespectful people, but it does have more than its share.

Ive heard conflicting reports on the hunting up there. One guy is having the hunt of his life, while another is beating the daylights out of it and not seeing much. I have seen a couple pictures of some decent bulls that were killed.

Ha I thought I was the only guy who had other hunters walk around a tank I was sitting and bugle. I've seen some road hunters but honestly expected more. Had to come back home for work tomorrow and heading back Thursday afternoon. Congrats to everyone who have harvested already.

• Like 1

Please don't deceive people into thinking there are are any big bulls in Unit 8. It's just not true. Unit 8 is a waste of time when it comes to elk hunting. I'm sorry if anyone wasted a tag.

Please don't deceive people into thinking there are are any big bulls in Unit 8. It's just not true. Unit 8 is a waste of time when it comes to elk hunting. I'm sorry if anyone wasted a tag.

says the guy ^^^^ who's first choice is unit 8 every yr.!

• Like 1

says the guy ^^^^ who's first choice is unit 8 every yr.!

Shhhhhhhh!