Hoytman

Unit 8

Drive around bugling out the window of your diesel truck. Im kidding of course but I've witnessed this with my own eyes.

youd be suprised I called a couple of guys driving a white ford(diesel) with one bugle out of there truck doing the tacticool sneak and peak

How they heard it while driving I have no clue. funny as crap though

• Like 1

That is funny stuff. I called the same guys in twice. They sure had that truck roaring down the road to get to us before daylight. Those 2 were really tearing up that spot so we moved. We got tired of them running to cut us off every chance they got.

Ok, I got one that just happened today, but not in unit 8. SO I am sitting a water hole and I hear a bugle. FINALLY. They have been stone cold quiet. Then another and another. This bull must be HOT.

AND.....then it continues for an HOUR AND A HALF. Dude was playing his FoxPro NONSTOP for an HOUR AND A HALF.

Oh, he/they through in a never ending chorus of cow calls too, but SERIOUSLY??????

I am not making this up.

And guys wonder why elk have gotten more quiet every year.... ^^^^^^ that is one reason.

Just spoke with a friend who watched a bull breed a cow today... Never bugled once. Cow never made a peep either... They are rutting just real quiet about it.

• Like 3

Today has been the best day of elk hunting I have every had. Bulls screaming like crazy. We still havent sealed the deal but it doesn't matter. This is that day that you dream of all year. Just waiting for them to get up from their beds and its back on the hunt.

• Like 4

Anyone having any luck? We have been in the elk pretty much all day. Wife missed one last night and passed a small one today. The big guys stay just out of her range and the wind has blown several stalks. Its been great

Still trying yesterday was awesome had a spike 25 yards away still in velvet the bigger bull never showed himself. Chased a nice bull 2 miles but never caught up. Seems slow this morning.

we came back yesterday afternoon.

had a good time as usual my daughter and I , nothing on the ground but hey its hunting not killing

we called in 16-17 bulls in 7 days. they didnt bugle unless you get them going(this year) once you do its a blast

smallest bull we called in was a 320, biggest was a 400+ with 2 375 bulls with it. we did kick up a spike,raghorn and 2 cows out of the bed but no shot. she had one easy givin shot and didnt take it 8-10 yards mid-low 300s. but it was border line being to dark. just wasn't worth it being legal or not. didnt need a flashlight but was dark.

saw some nice muleys and a pretty cool 3x4 drop tine coues deer..then at camp we had some resident decent mullies and that droptine.

one of the funnest calls was a bull that came in about 125 , his cows came to 30 yards to 30 feet. he just wouldnt come in. (dont think he wanted to get his butt kicked by the 3 big bulls in the area) finally I got frustrated picked up a stick and started beating a rock with it. bull dropped his head and came running to 30 yards to the farthest cow stood right in the middle of a bunch of oaks forever. then got pissed and left. too many twigs and branches in the way for a 40lb bow,

She got drawn last year, I got drawn this year and signed it over to her.(last year they were bugling alot, this year nadda unless you got them worked up.

3 bulls we had to bugle every few mins. ( he was one of the 8-10 yard shots) took 30 mins to get him in that close, his buddies came in with in 50 yards and you could just hear them walking. you could get them into 100-150 yards pretty easy but getting them closer was really tough. some bulls just came in and didnt bugle at all.

last year spikes and raghorns were everywhere, this year they were hard to find but the big ones werent.

the pictured one is one of 3 bucks deer that hung at camp.

post-14908-0-10867500-1474317807_thumb.jpg

post-14908-0-46796600-1474317823_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Buddy of mine found a dead bull with an arrow broke off in it on Saturday. Anybody looking for a bull that got away. Let me know where & description of the

bull. I have a picture of it my buddy sent me. A bear has been feeding on it, my buddy found bear shoot all around it.

we came back yesterday afternoon.

had a good time as usual my daughter and I , nothing on the ground but hey its hunting not killing

we called in 16-17 bulls in 7 days. they didnt bugle unless you get them going(this year) once you do its a blast

smallest bull we called in was a 320, biggest was a 400+ with 2 375 bulls with it. we did kick up a spike,raghorn and 2 cows out of the bed but no shot. she had one easy givin shot and didnt take it 8-10 yards mid-low 300s. but it was border line being to dark. just wasn't worth it being legal or not. didnt need a flashlight but was dark.

saw some nice muleys and a pretty cool 3x4 drop tine coues deer..then at camp we had some resident decent mullies and that droptine.

one of the funnest calls was a bull that came in about 125 , his cows came to 30 yards to 30 feet. he just wouldnt come in. (dont think he wanted to get his butt kicked by the 3 big bulls in the area) finally I got frustrated picked up a stick and started beating a rock with it. bull dropped his head and came running to 30 yards to the farthest cow stood right in the middle of a bunch of oaks forever. then got pissed and left. too many twigs and branches in the way for a 40lb bow,

She got drawn last year, I got drawn this year and signed it over to her.(last year they were bugling alot, this year nadda unless you got them worked up.

3 bulls we had to bugle every few mins. ( he was one of the 8-10 yard shots) took 30 mins to get him in that close, his buddies came in with in 50 yards and you could just hear them walking. you could get them into 100-150 yards pretty easy but getting them closer was really tough. some bulls just came in and didnt bugle at all.

last year spikes and raghorns were everywhere, this year they were hard to find but the big ones werent.

the pictured one is one of 3 bucks deer that hung at camp.

IMG_6003a.jpg

IMG_6006a.jpg