Hoytman

Unit 8

Wife shot this bull Sunday and we recovered him early yesterday. Ill post pics a a story later.

Congrats to your wife. nice bull

• Like 1

Well guys it all paid off for me yesterday morning. It was my first personal elk hunt and I worked my butt off. Going in to the last day it had been my most enjoyable hunt regardless of the outcome. I gained a much better appreciation and respect for these amazing animals. He was quartered away at 60 yards so I put the shot a little back and lungwd him. He's not a monster but I'll take him 😁. Shout out to couesfreak and delw for their tips and advice! Also congrats to everyone else who was fortunate enough to harvest

• Like 4

Nothing wrong with that bull!! I would have shot it in a heart beat!! Congrats way to get it done.

Forgot to add the pic

Freaking awsum you got one. I told you someone else holding the spot light and driving ,you would be better off ;)

Well guys it all paid off for me yesterday morning. It was my first personal elk hunt and I worked my butt off. Going in to the last day it had been my most enjoyable hunt regardless of the outcome. I gained a much better appreciation and respect for these amazing animals. He was quartered away at 60 yards so I put the shot a little back and lungwd him. He's not a monster but I'll take him 😁. Shout out to couesfreak and delw for their tips and advice! Also congrats to everyone else who was fortunate enough to harvest

Any bull with a bow is a good bull in my book. Congrats

congrats to all. let's see a picture of the 400+ and 2 375 together. for all us doubting thomas'.

Wish I had pics of every bull we saw but unfortunately I dont.

I know 3 people on this forum saw them and one guy out of williams area saw them. ;)

Then a hand full of people on i-40 as they walked/trotted across the freeway the next week. Rumor has it they walked back across to the unit 8 side a few days later.

Delw

congrats to all. let's see a picture of the 400+ and 2 375 together. for all us doubting thomas'.

not every bull, how about a pic of just one the multiple 375s you saw or just the 400?

not every bull, how about a pic of just one the multiple 375s you saw or just the 400?

I dont have any pics of any bulls we saw this year, only reason I have deer pics is due to they were camp deer or deer we were seeing driving in and out of different spots.

Multiples?

we only saw 2 bulls that went 375 and one that was over 400+ the rest were just decent ones 320-350. and then the spike and rag horn we kicked up from a bed.

I should probably get me a smart phone one of these days for pics , tried to use my daughters on the 320 something we called in but it didnt work to well too bad cause it was a cool sight to see with her drawing on it.

maybe during squirrels season if we go up I will get you some pics ;)

Delw