desertsheep

Dall Ram Down

Dang that landscape and fog brings back memories! That is freakin' awesome Jason! One heck of a Caribou as well! Huge congrats to you! JIM>

Thanks evrybody, It was truly a hunt of a lifetime.

Az Griz, That is really to bad that he wont be able to use that tag. Hopefully he able to go desertsheep hunting in Dec.

Gino maybe we can do a stone sheep hunt together. I am trying to get one done by 2009.

Here is a fewpicture's for you bear guy's. Luckily we glassed these bear on a flat right before we dropped of a bench headed to another mountain to look for ram's.

Dallshepphunt2007134.jpg

Dallshepphunt2007127.jpg

Dallshepphunt2007136.jpg

These are some photo's of my ram and his buddies on the first day that I past him up. they were at 212 yds.

Dallshepphunt2007055.jpg

This one's through the spotting scope.

Dallshepphunt2007057.jpg

Man that would be cool, Jason. Not sure that I will be able to go that route.... :( .... I am gunna try to go to Alaska and hunt Dall again, and get it done with my bow this time. <_< I've been putting in for a couple of limited hunts up there for about three years now. Who did you go with in NWT??? Was it South Nahanni?

Again, Congrats on a nice ram!!! :D

Great trophys Jason...congrats!

Awesome country. Griz, wolf, wolverine...sounds like an awesome place to hunt. Someday maybe.

Greg was a neighbor of mine around 12 ish years ago. What happened to him?

azshtr, While we were huntig in the NWT Greg had a accident involving a horse and broke his leg pretty bad on the last day of the hunt. He had to be flown out of the hunting area by helicopter to Norman Wells. Once he was there they took him to Yellowknife for Surgery. Apperently the doctor did'nt do that good of job. He going to have a couple other surgeries to fix the mistake from the first surgery.

Keven,Yes I am planning on doing a full mount some what like my desert.

Gino, I would love to do another dall but I have to get my stone booked before they get completey out of hand. I went with Ramhead outfitters.

Who can see what I saw.

Dallshepphunt2007109.jpg

Dallshepphunt2007110.jpg

Dallshepphunt2007113.jpg

Here is a couple other picture's you guys might like. I took this photo of a couple of guide's who were trying to stalk the first ram. While they were setting there the second ram came over the top and was only 10 ft away.

Dallshepphunt2007201.jpg

Dallshepphunt2007207.jpg

Nice job Jason, some great pics and memories... I wish I could make your stone hunt, but I will have student loans to last a few more years... Dall is my most important of the slam... I'm jealous nice job. Sorry to hear about Greg

Houston

Awesome pics!! Some day I would love to make a hunt up in that part of the world. Those are truely magnificient trophies.

Packer

Thanks again for all the comment. It's a trip you all need to do if you can. Here is a picture of a water fall I thought was pretty cool.

Dallshepphunt2007121.jpg

This next picture kind of show's you some of the terrain we climbed in. If you look Just under the spotting scope that is the bench we camped on. We would climb anywhere from a 1000 to 1500 ft a day. It looks easy to get around in but it sucks. Everything is straight up and rocky. It's all shell and sharp. Gino could verify how ruff it is.

Dallshepphunt2007062.jpg