Sign in to follow this  
Mog

Possibly moving to Colorado

Need some insider advice from folks from Colorado or familiar. May be taking a job opportunity in Greeley that will require some commuting to Loveland and Fort Collins as well, but mostly Greeley. Is there anything I should know or avoid? Thinking Windsor may be a nice in the middle spot. We have young kids so school quality is a factor. Reading stuff online makes Greeley sounds like it is ravaged with gang and criminal activity, is that true?

only been to Greeley once, didn't seem bad to me. The goose hunting was phenominal. sorry i know that's not much help but you can count it as one point in favor of moving there.

I'd pick Ft. Collins/Windsor over Greeley. We've stayed in Greeley the last 2 summers for a week for softball. Just go to walmart there and that will tell you a lot.

Seems like anywhere you go has crappy neighborhoods and good ones. I drive used vehicles and avoid debt like a plague so we can spend more on housing to get away from the garbage. Those street trash people dont seem to be particularly mobile, so if you're not within walking distance of their hoods you're probably ok.

I just went to Colorado for the first time a couple weeks ago and was amazed. I had no idea places that pretty existed in the u.s.

Good luck to you and your family, I hope it goes well for you.

Windsor is a good choice. I lived in Ft. Collins for 5 years. Nice place too but it is getting busier and traffic can suck. Live in Windsor and drive to where you need to get what you need. A good buddy of mine lives in Windsor and likes it a lot.

Colorado is going full hippy/California though so know that. Weed is legal and they are talking about passing a healthcare law that would increase taxes ALOT.

Fort Collins has most anything you would want/need and is 20 minutes away, and if they don't Denver does which is an hour away.

There is a nice trap & skeet club about 30 minutes from Windsor north of Ault. Loveland and Ft. Collins both now have a branch of Serious Texas BBQ which is AWESOME.

I liked living up there, but I got a better job back here, and the four wheeling here is a 100 times better than the front range of CO.

Greeley smells like cow turds too. They have a bunch of feedlots over there. You might catch some of that if the wind is right, but you won't have to live in it.

Windsor is a good choice. I lived in Ft. Collins for 5 years. Nice place too but it is getting busier and traffic can suck. Live in Windsor and drive to where you need to get what you need. A good buddy of mine lives in Windsor and likes it a lot.

Colorado is going full hippy/California though so know that. Weed is legal and they are talking about passing a healthcare law that would increase taxes ALOT.

Fort Collins has most anything you would want/need and is 20 minutes away, and if they don't Denver does which is an hour away.

There is a nice trap & skeet club about 30 minutes from Windsor north of Ault. Loveland and Ft. Collins both now have a branch of Serious Texas BBQ which is AWESOME.

I liked living up there, but I got a better job back here, and the four wheeling here is a 100 times better than the front range of CO.

Greeley smells like cow turds too. They have a bunch of feedlots over there. You might catch some of that if the wind is right, but you won't have to live in it.

I hauled horses in and out of Freely. Where ever there's stock yards, there's cutting horses. Yup, smells there and the wind seems to never stop. It's just north of the airport so traffic on the main arteries and toll roads too.

Colorado is not like it used to be!! The Liberals are turning it into another California & its a shame.

Same thing happening to Oregon & Washington.

• Like 2