Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Kit Fox habitat

Yeah, it's a simple lethal way to dispatch a skunk without having them spray. Kit fox is not much bigger and ASU wanted them with no broken bones. Choking out a K9 is next to impossible due to the jugular veins being buried deep in the next muscle.

Those are nice sized kit fox. If you were able to call them in at 2PM I bet you were right on top of their den when you began calling. Hope you skinned them out.

Agreed! Those are good size kits.

3 years ago when My Daughter got into archery, we took some friends out calling yotes. She and I brought along the bows incase we ran into some desert deer. we did and a pretty dang big one. so her and I took off after it.
we were sitting on the side of a hill looking for it to no avail decided to pull out the Varmit call to see if I could call it in or at least get its attention. ended up calling in this Kit Fox . very windy afternoon only shot she had was a head shot I told her to wait she said she would hit it in the throat. and she did. ended up spooking the deer over the next small hill he had bedded down. we went out 4 more days seeing him every time but too far away. still fun being 45 mins from the house.

Been hunting Varmits in this state since 1982 almost every day in the west valley till 94. then not as often in the west valley never called in a kit fox, only saw them at night always in the flats like others say.

last year a buddy of mine shot a ton of them calling in yotes

post-14908-0-41588300-1479093940.jpg

• Like 3

That's pretty cool shooting one with a bow. My truck has been acting up and is going into the shop next Monday. After that I will be out hitting spots looking for them to help a friend get his North America Fox Grand Slam when he comes to town in February.

My buddy Marty and I hunted the heck out of yotes for years in the 80's and 90's before he moved.

That's pretty cool shooting one with a bow. My truck has been acting up and is going into the shop next Monday. After that I will be out hitting spots looking for them to help a friend get his North America Fox Grand Slam when he comes to town in February.

My buddy Marty and I hunted the heck out of yotes for years in the 80's and 90's before he moved.

the golden years of predator calling

Pretty much before electronic calls. First year the Navajo Rez opened up to contests he and I killed 16 and took 2nd place out of 28 teams. Should have been 1st but they kept the weigh in time open for another 20 minutes and we got beat by one dog.

Used to hunt them with guns all the time, got kinda boring and frankly To easy.

About 4 years ago Daughter wanted to try archery, she got hooked talked me back into it. I got hooked, then I got hooked on varmit hunting with a bow. thats and absolute blast like nothing anyones ever tried before aside from a knife ( and a buddy and I did that ONCE).

last 2 years we gone out we called in a ton of yotes usually call in 2-3 a day. 5 yards 10 yards 20 yards kinda hard to take a shoot when they are standing aways looking at you. but the rush is awsum.

This year if it ever cools down we are going to do lots of it again.

80's and 90's I mainly hunted unit 9 12 13 and whitetanks. I had a real job so got weekends off hunted 3 days a week for them and almost every day after work in the white tanks.

varmit hunting is the only hunting I get really excited about. deer elk killed many don't like the taste so plus pne shot its over for the year.

going next week forsure a few days and maybe this weekend as well with the bows.

Yes it was, however the last 4 years have been pretty dang good we always get into them.

Pretty much before electronic calls. First year the Navajo Rez opened up to contests he and I killed 16 and took 2nd place out of 28 teams. Should have been 1st but they kept the weigh in time open for another 20 minutes and we got beat by one dog.

never been to the res. for numbers we go up to the north rim or unit 9 after 1st snow.

north rim you can fart and call them in.

we got the e-caller just for archery. it helps but they still walk right up to us or by us and look at the call or us. still got my 1985 critter calls (green half reed one) best calls I ever used