Heinz57

Ruger American .270 Reviews?

Anyone have any experience with the Ruger American rifle? CAL Ranch has one chambered in .270 with Kryptek Mandrake camo on their clearance rack for $310. Regularly $399. Nice looking rifle, and I've always had great experiences with Ruger. Looking to replace my old 1903A3 .30-06 for deer and possibly elk. It's a great rifle, handed down to me from my great grandpa, but I'd like something a bit lighter that shoots tighter groups. Any input is appreciated.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/RUGER-AMERICAN-KRYPTEK-MD-RIFLE/2006392.uts

post-8706-0-68812400-1474053190_thumb.png

I have a 22-250 that I really enjoy shooting its a great shooting functioning rifle. Really like the weight for how it shoots, the action is really smooth and cant beat the adjustable trigger. Mine drives tacks at 200 yards, never really tried it past 400! Having one chambered in 270 I'm sure with trigger time and a good scope one could have a pretty lethal Coues gun. Great gun for the $$. I give them 5 out of 5 stars.

Edited by AZ_SAWBUCK

It's a good rifle. My brother had one on 308win for a few years and a month or so back had me rebarrel it. Not because it was a bad gun or anything but he wanted a varmint 260rem.

Your avatar is a smoking good group. Care to elaborate on the gun/load? And shooter?

Back to the topic at hand. I got to shoot one in 6.5 Creed. Totally factory, with a 3-9x40 Leupold VX2 on it. It shot a .75 MOA 3 shot group with factory Hornady ammo.

It's a good rifle. My brother had one on 308win for a few years and a month or so back had me rebarrel it. Not because it was a bad gun or anything but he wanted a varmint 260rem.

Your avatar is a smoking good group. Care to elaborate on the gun/load? And shooter?

Back to the topic at hand. I got to shoot one in 6.5 Creed. Totally factory, with a 3-9x40 Leupold VX2 on it. It shot a .75 MOA 3 shot group with factory Hornady ammo.

haha developed and shot by a much better reloader and shooter than myself. I just built the gun and am proud of it.
  • Like 1

My daughter has the muddy girl youth in .243 and we are quite pleased with its accuracy.

I have her shooting some 70 grain nbt reduced loads and it does about .600-.800 on average.

I myself had it shooting at a 10"x10" steel plate early this year and was about 50% hitting it.

Not bad for a little Kentucky windage on her scope. Lol

The only thing I had an issue with was the rotary magazine.

It would hold the last two down without releasing them.

I lubed the snot out of it and now it releases all of em.