I assume its a floated barrel. Maybe some debris got jammed down in between the barrel and stock.

I had a Leup on my 300 and 338 Rums and they beat it to death in 200 rounds, everything was loose inside. I've used a Nightforce NXS now for several years now with no problems. Like I said on my previous post, on a high recoil rifle a scope really takes a beating and the lighter the rifle the worst the recoil.

I'd take a close look at the crown. Any chance it ihas a 26" barrel but was hauled around in a scabbard made for a 24" barrel.

I have had more than one leupold do this out of the blue with heavy recoiling rifles. Fine one day and next time at the range, same type of problems you are describing. No outward signs or visible issues when looking thru the scope either.

Nothing wrong with the crown. Rifle has a big brake on it. I scrubbed the heII out of it and have a replacement scope ready to try. Thanks for all the replys. Will updat once i find the culprit

• Like 1

Make sure to scrub the heck out of the throat of the barrel too. A carbon ring can form there, and it's a pain in the butt to get rid of. And it can cause similar issues to what you're describing.

Well, got back to the range and it turned out to be a bad scope after all. It will be en-route to the factory for repair/replacement on monday. Thanks for the help everyone

• Like 1

I'll put it back on when i get it replaced. The rings crushed the scope tube a little bit. Not sure if it was over torque or impact. I've got my theories about what happened. It does not look like a manufacturer defect. I borrowed and put a brand new in box vortex viper pst on it and after one shot there is a piece of debris floating around inside the scope. Gotta love Vortex.

• Like 1

I'll put it back on when i get it replaced. The rings crushed the scope tube a little bit. Not sure if it was over torque or impact. I've got my theories about what happened. It does not look like a manufacturer defect. I borrowed and put a brand new in box vortex viper pst on it and after one shot there is a piece of debris floating around inside the scope. Gotta love Vortex.

The greedy pay twice. ;)

I had one of their spotters a coupe years ago, returned it inside of a week. Overrated is the polite term.

But that lifetime warranty.....

• Like 1

But that lifetime warranty.....

Better to have it than not. Every manufacturer has to start somewhere.