Sign in to follow this  
AzBuckCHaser1

Unit 27

Been up here a few days before archery hunt haven't got into much elk feeling a little depressed hunters everywhere the further I hike in the closer I am to hunters been hitting it hard with no luck. Where do these elk go when pressured ?

Been up here a few days before archery hunt haven't got into much elk feeling a little depressed hunters everywhere the further I hike in the closer I am to hunters been hitting it hard with no luck. Where do these elk go when pressured ?

Hunt very near alpine

• Like 1

Elk have been blasting all night long in Alpine, Have to shut the windows to get any sleep.

• Like 1

isn't Alpine unit 1?

Lots of pressure in 27 will usually push them down off into the deep canyons going off the rim. And there are lots of those in 27. Think of areas you seen were you wouldn't want to hunt, that's were they like to go. Seen some huge bulls killed in those areas but not many as most wont hunt down there and its understandable why.And yes, Alpine is split between units

• Like 1

I was up there this weekend also, you and about 200 hundred others (lol) were hitting the 403 road. I have never seen that much pressure on that road. I think after this storm it will get better along with the full moon is not helping much. As the moon comes up later the morning hunts should get better. Your only on day 3 and already depressed just be happy you have the tag and enjoy the hunt. Bugling is not the only way to kill elk.

• Like 1

Been a while Since I hunted 27 ... But always seen a lot of elk crossing the 572 south of Alpine ... Pretty sure you can still get to it... IMO I would be working through timber versus Sitting water but I am not an archery hunter either.

isn't Alpine unit 1?

Alpine is split between 1 and 27.

Yep stay away from Alpine 😜

• Like 1