Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Watch Where You Step - The Aftermath / How to Skin That Snake

As a kid my buddy stopped with one right next to his foot and was screaming for me. I pumped all the rounds in a Hi standard .22 and it still wasn't dead. I carry my H&K .40 with one round of bird shot and it kills them fast and dead with one shot to the head.

Found this one in the road the week before Labor Day.

The colors on that one is amazing. Almost gila monster looking, very cool.

Arizona Black.

• Like 2

wow, that's crazy...

Zombie rattlers. Never knew they could "live" so long without there head. Something new to keep me up at night. Cant wiat to show the kids the video.

Reminds me of the "crying dove". Seems like every season, when I get home to clean the birds, there's always at least one with a little wind left in its lungs, so when I go to clean the bird, it lets out a noise. ha ha

• Like 1

wow, that's crazy...

Zombie rattlers. Never knew they could "live" so long without there head. Something new to keep me up at night. Cant wiat to show the kids the video.

Reminds me of the "crying dove". Seems like every season, when I get home to clean the birds, there's always at least one with a little wind left in its lungs, so when I go to clean the bird, it lets out a noise. ha ha

I always breast them out before I head home.

I've killed all of mine with a stick. A good whack behind the head is all it takes. Then just pin the head down and cut it off.

I usually throw some nice big rocks at their heads, this guy got a few rounds from my buddies .40, but he's not the best shot and couldn't connect with his head so I finished him off with rocks.

post-12045-0-91135100-1474531270.jpg

• Like 2

My dad shot this one a month ago up by Payson. He is super afraid of snakes so he kept shooting as long as it was moving. That would have been a sweet skin to have. I have never seen one of these before.

post-3138-0-70847900-1474566517_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Man.. very cool look to these snakes but I'm terrified of them; probably since I don't know much about them. I choose to eat and use all that I can bear when I kill anything. It would be nice to find a nice snake to harvest and perhaps find something cool to use the skin for. Perhaps a hat band? or maybe a handle of a knife?

How about you guys? What cool things do you do with the skin?

Found this one in the road the week before Labor Day.

The colors on that one is amazing. Almost gila monster looking, very cool.

Arizona Black.

I believe this to be a northern blacktail

• Like 1