briant_az

Help for a kid in 5BS

I've got some friends helping a kid in 5bs on a bull hunt and they could use some help.

Tyler is here hunting from California through the Hunt of a Lifetime program. He has lymphoma and is currently in remission. He has been here hunting since Friday morning with his father and uncle. They were all supposed to leave today to go home, but decided to stay to the end of the hunt.

A couple of my friends volunteered for the program and have been helping him since they got here. The bulls have been very call shy and its been a tough hunt for them so far. They've had a couple close calls but we would really like to get him a bull.

If anyone would be willing to help in any way, can you please PM me. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't ask for anyone's hunting spots or help. I would really like to see Tyler get his elk though.

Thank you guys!

• Like 6

Gosh I would love to help but I know nothing about 5BS. I hope the kid gets one!

• Like 1

I've received messages from 4 or 5 people. Thank you everyone! I will let you all know how he does. I wish I was up there with them, instead of stuck at work!

Unfortunately Tyler was unable to harvest a bull. He did get three opportunities though. The last night of the hunt they had a nice bull come in. One of my buddies was able to cow call and stop the bull. Tyler only had a short time to shoot, and forgot to take the safety off the crossbow.

Bummed that it didn't work out for him. It sounds like he had a good time though. This was his first hunt and hopefully he will get to experience many more. It sounds like he might come out in January for a javelina hunt. I really hope he does.

Thank you everyone that pm'd me to try and help him. This forum and all the people here are awesome. Good luck to everyone on the upcoming hunts. The best time of the year is here!

• Like 3