Sign in to follow this  
Backstrap1

Unit 27 Tag ....

i found a dead bull in 27 this weekend too. been there maybe a week it looked like. PM me with where it was also and i'll tell you if it's your bull

This is why CWT is the best darn huntin site out there. Good people helping others. :)

TJ

• Like 3

In all but 14 states, dogs can be used to blood trail hit animals. They have to be on a leash. Arizona is not on that list. We should change that. Wasted meat.

In all but 14 states, dogs can be used to blood trail hit animals. They have to be on a leash. Arizona is not on that list. We should change that. Wasted meat.

I didn't know they were illegal to use. I know several people who have used dogs to recover animals in Az. The problem I have found is locating someone who has a dog to help trail your animal.

• Like 4

It is legal if dogs are a legal method of take for that game. So bear, lions, bobcats, coons, coyotes, and that's really about it is all that dogs can be used to track in AZ. Only way to change that is to allow people to use dogs to actually hunt elk and deer with dogs and I highly doubt you all really want that lol.

A dog on a leash following a blood trail isn't a method of take imo. A lot of the blood dogs I have seen were Jack Russell terriers. Not very helpful taking down a deer or elk.

Instead of inflammatory statements why don't you pull your head out? See what I did there? There are many variables in play. Animals jumping when seeing movement, a branch in the way or misjudged distance. Cwt.com was a place for coues deer hunters to become a community, now it seems to have morphed into a bunch of self righteous keyboard commandos. Out.

• Like 2

Absolutely nothing illegal about taking your dog for a walk through the woods. If you happen to find a dead elk while you're out there that's just a bonus.

• Like 2