Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

ground blinds

I have used the dog house blind. Bought it new on e-bay with free shipping for a decent price. It is a good shotgun/ rifle/ muzzle loader blind but too low to draw a bow in.

Double Bull wide. Very important to brush them in well. The days of setting up & climbing in are over IMO. Supposedly turkeys don't care about a pop up blind. With a few exceptions, I've recently had turkeys spook at the sight of my blind. Anybody else have this issue with turkeys?

• Like 1

Definitely buy a ground blind especially if you have a young one. You all three can get in it and your movement won't be detected by the game. It does help to brush it in a little. I have been fortunate in taking many critters at close range in mine. I have tried a few different ones and they all have their place in the field depending on the terrain. Ameristep Brickhouse is a good one and will only set you back a little over $100. Have fun! :)

TJ

Yes. They work great. I make sure not to have windows on both sides open. It will reduce the scent coming out if you only have one side of windows open.

• Like 1

we usually scare the birds from laughing as they come right up to the window and peck at net!

I like ground blinds and pop-up blinds. Both have pro's and con's. Popup blinds can get hot. Ground blinds take time to build and don't provide max cover.

The doghouse is to small for archery, my elbow hits the back when I draw. Never had much luck with double bulls with the side rod couplers not breaking. I've gone to the middle of the row about $150 - $200 range, I look for 6 1/2 ' to 7' cub easy up blinds. You can easily fit 2 or even take a nap. loll. Anyway that's my opinion, oh ya with big shot thru windows

• Like 1

I ended up with a big cat 350. It is BIG. Seems like it will work good for putting the whole family inside. Might have to end up getting another smaller one for when it is just me.

Looking forward to getting it out in the woods and trying it out. Will be a very different experience.

Did I mention it is BIG???