jeremiah lindsey

12A East

Well I drew a 3B archery sep bull tag and shot a nice bull that I sadly did not recover and am still hoping to find! Anyways I ended up also drawing a 12A East muzzleloader deer tag I was wondering if anybody else in here has experience win this hunt my family are no strangers to the kaibab this will be our 11th visit in 15 years however this is my first kaibab tag they told me it will be a grind to find a larger 4point due to it being a fairly early hunt and in this unit we don't really get the knab bucks

Whoever told you it will be hard to find a nice 4 point must be a road hunter. Even then, they must be blind in one eye and only go out for an hour or two.

Hunt the muzzy Hunt just like you would any other hunt. Get out, glass, cover ground, stay out, and you will get opportunities.

• Like 5

Not monsters, but all of these were seen driving to or from hunting areas last year. All less than 100 yards from a road.

20151022_143930_zpskpolxcem.jpg

20151023_153713_zpsdepnrkjq.jpg

There is no hunt like kiabab (i say that more to myself)

+1 You'll find a 4x4 as long as you say active behind your glass and on your boots and don't go back to camp to sleep of the afternoon lol Wish I was back up there

• Like 1

Larger 4 points are not all that easy to come by on the early kaibab. All you have to do is look at the pictures from the check in at the end of the season to tell you that.

• Like 1

My nephew drew the late hunt on the west side. I'll be taking him. It will be the first time in about 20 years that Ive step foot on the Bab. Going to be a fun time.

Brian

• Like 3

On the early hunt last year, in 9 days of hard hunting, we saw 5 bucks bigger than anything I have ever shot. All 180"+. But making it happen with my 13 year old daughter proved difficult. I would say she had a total of at least 2 hours behind the gun with a buck in the scope, waiting for a clean shot that never materialized. But the opportunities were there. We also saw another 15 or so mature 4x4 or better. But then again, one day, we saw nothing but forkies, I think 25 that day? From yearlings, to a decent 24" wide tall forky. All about spending time in the field.

• Like 2

I've never even been to the east kaibab idk why I even said anything. Be right back, putting in for east side sounds bomb

No it's not that good.
  • Like 1

Totally unrelated to the year 2016 but my 1st 2 years for deer I had Kaibab BUCK tags at 10 & 11 years old.. 1982 I guess.. Anyways most insane thing I have seen to this day while hunting! Guys sitting in camp drinking coffee by fire calling their shots when deer ran thru camp like it was a dove hunt. There were DEER EVERYWHERE!!!!

Good luck and trust what Lance says he has put in some serious time there looking at monsters in the BAB. I saw some of the biggest deer I have seen to date in those 1st 2 years.

Totally unrelated to the year 2016 but my 1st 2 years for deer I had Kaibab BUCK tags at 10 & 11 years old.. 1982 I guess.. Anyways most insane thing I have seen to this day while hunting! Guys sitting in camp drinking coffee by fire calling their shots when deer ran thru camp like it was a dove hunt. There were DEER EVERYWHERE!!!!

s6ty6r.jpg

• Like 3