curtimus

unit 23 advice

I drew the nov rifle deer hunt for unit 23 couse

I know nothing about unit 23

any advice from someone who knows where to start appreciated. Im not looking for your secret spot just some good advice on where to glass or start hunting, buddies whom I trust tell me start at Young and go North glassing...

thank you in advance.

• Like 1

We have killed quite a few bucks on and around Dutch woman butte. Also hunt in the Sierra ancha wilderness. Asbestos peaks is good also.

• Like 1

Lots of couse on lot all sorts of hills. Just pick a spot and glass, you will find them

thanks Az Ruger thats the kind of advice I was looking for...I will fill you in on the outcome and if I can return the favor let me know.

thanks Az Ruger thats the kind of advice I was looking for...I will fill you in on the outcome and if I can return the favor let me know.

The problem is now you and 50,000 other people know where to go.

• Like 1

Pretty much from the Cherry Creek road down south all the way north to the rim has coues deer. Just get out there and glass. Glass the south and east facing slopes at first light and then reverse once it warms up.

There are Coues all through the Unit .. many of the places hold Mulies as well Coues ... Big unit Lots of access and do not go with the impression there is greater density and you will see more North of Young... They are everywhere. Two years ago seen a bachelor herd of 8 with 2 Awesome Bucks within 500 yards of A-cross

thanks guys really appreciate it...

firstcouse in reply to your comment: now 50,000 people have to draw the tag...which limits it to 275 people, big unit lots of room for everyone which is the nice thing bout the draw system and the common decency of these guys sharing some tips...I always try to do the same as long it doesn't spoil my hunt or give away my secrets....good karma, you reap what you sow.

That's what the private messaging system is for!

I'm all for helping people, but when you put information out on a public forum you're not helping that person you're helping that person and 500 other dudes its countless how many hunting spots have been ruined that way. Believe me I've done it my on my own when I was younger!

• Like 1

That's what the private messaging system is for!

I'm all for helping people, but when you put information out on a public forum you're not helping that person you're helping that person and 500 other dudes its countless how many hunting spots have been ruined that way. Believe me I've done it my on my own when I was younger!

That was back when we referred to you as firstcouesisblabbermouth...

You are much better now.