Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

Unit 32 access issues?

It seems I should of done my homework before putting 32 as a choice. Haven't hunted the unit in years and what a difference it is making. Didn't realize how many areas are closed now. Honestly I may just walk washes in the grassy flats near the chili and corn fields and hope to get lucky, lol. How did it fare last year or two in 32??

I don't go into private property that is marked. Its there land, there right and I respect that. But outside on public land, I'll hunt as close to the fields as I legally can if I so choose weither they like it or not. I doubt very much though that I would be that close any ways. I'm sure half the tags will be hunting those areas too.

Used to be, and still is a cool unit, the access sucks. I used to get access thru some of the ranches by knocking on doors and offer to clean up the trash on the two tracks and anything else they needed. Now I feel like you would see a gun barrel pointed at you before you ever got to the door! Sad deal for hunters!

We Stopped Hunting that unit Years back do to access to get back to some of our favorite spots... Use to be a Power line road we got to going across Allen Flats and then up Muleshoe ... The road went over the mountains and came out at Wilcox.. Always seen good Bucks in those drainages all along that road but not even sure you can access it anymore. Can you still travel the 691 all the way through ?

• Like 1

Not sure about the 691. Eureka Springs ranch completely closed there area off and Rattlesnake Rd is now closed as among a few others. It's a good unit if not for the access issues. Unless it changes, I doubt I'll hunt deer here again.

There is some areas just west of 191 south that you can drive out into the steel hill's

I talked to the rancher that controls a lot of the east side and he explained that he got tired of the small cities of motor homes and fifth wheels each one had 2-3 kids with quads running back and forth, all day long. He said that the first thing that the so called hunters did was set up their satellite dishes, get the kids on their quads. Then they jumped in their trucks and road hunted on all of his roads, leaving gates open, and taking a few shots with their rifles. Sound familiar? I know I would shut down that kind activity if I could. Oh, I forgot that they the so called hunters will leave a mess behind. :angry:

The few decent areas on public land looked like cities. I've seen rv parks with more space between them then what I saw today, no joking. Again, there is some really good deer in 32 but a lot on private ranches. I don't blame them for not opening there land up.

I was there today scouting and learning roads. I traveled quite a bit and only seen 1 camp and no hunters. It was hot as heck though.

Anyone know a website about right away laws and such? A lot of public land but access is blocked at established roadways. Some state trust is even locked now. Season over. I'll just go back to a unit that doesn't have this issue.

I talked to the rancher that controls a lot of the east side and he explained that he got tired of the small cities of motor homes and fifth wheels each one had 2-3 kids with quads running back and forth, all day long. He said that the first thing that the so called hunters did was set up their satellite dishes, get the kids on their quads. Then they jumped in their trucks and road hunted on all of his roads, leaving gates open, and taking a few shots with their rifles. Sound familiar? I know I would shut down that kind activity if I could. Oh, I forgot that they the so called hunters will leave a mess behind. :angry:

Im really starting to believe that only 10% of the hunters have common since !! And most of 10 percenters are here on this site. Think about it! You attract who you are, thats why your friends are like you! People who break the rules, who are D Heads while out hunting, and leaving trash at camp sites won't hang out on this website very long. Once they find out what type of ethical hunters most of us are they won't even peep a sound about this because they will get thrashed by us.

what a jerk, sounds like a fun hunt. "tell them kids to stay off my lawn!!!"