Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Returned tags?

So now that we're through early elk and have deer coming up I'm sure atleast a couple tags have been returned through the point guard program. Azgfd doesn't seem to be interested in letting anyone know where those tags are going so was curious if anyone knows? All getting turned into wounded warrior type programs? Or going to next in line? Or maybe their buddies?

My guess is that since when the tags are returned they only get their points back and no money, the tags are not reissued

My guess is that since when the tags are returned they only get their points back and no money, the tags are not reissued

That was my understanding of the program as well. G&F keep the money and the Tag in return for the points.

According to how it was wrote they had several options on how to redistribute the tag. None of them were very clear and did not allow for how we the public would know.

I know a guy that got a call from GnF 2 weeks before the hunt that a tag was surrendered and he was next in line. He received an early archery 7E bull tag.

So they figured out a way to get paid twice for 1tag. Not sayin I wouldn't pay it.

• Like 1

That is odd your friend would get a surrendered elk tag. The point guard and tag surrender program was not even in place for the elk and antelope draw. It first became available for the deer draw. Something does not jive.

That is odd your friend would get a surrendered elk tag. The point guard and tag surrender program was not even in place for the elk and antelope draw. It first became available for the deer draw. Something does not jive.

Yeah sounds fishy to me since like you said there was no point guard during that time. Wonder how he pulled it off. Either way I was under the assumption that they could give it to next in line, they could do their stupid membership thing where if you pay enough you get first crack at them or it was first come first serve. With how money hungry azgfd is I'm surprised they can handle just holding onto tags and not getting paid a second time for them. Maybe when the deer hunts get closer we will find out more.

I know a guy that got a call from GnF 2 weeks before the hunt that a tag was surrendered and he was next in line. He received an early archery 7E bull tag.

They didn't even have the point guard then your friend is pulling your leg

A buddy of mine got a tag just a few weeks ago for deer. He was told he was next in line. They didn't tell him how the tag became available and I don't think he cared one bit.