Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

WY - A long time coming

Did you add some does in?

I thought about shooting a doe but didn't want to kill one bigger than the buck I killed.

• Like 12

Ha Ha Nice!

I remember living there for school and drooling over all the dead ones. Wish I coulda cut some heads off then. Nice picture flatlander! Were posing in Montana with the goat pic in Wyoming? Haha!! Couldn't of been farther!

• Like 1

Congratulations Flatlander on your Wyoming buck. Wyoming is an awesome place for sure. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

I told you my story Flatlander what happen here???

Oh man, bringing back some good memories here. Basically, we had one of the better antelope units in WY during one of the better years. I went with a buddy who had never shot an antelope before.

I was steadfast about not shooting the first day and letting him have his pick. We looked over goats all day. And finally about 2 hours before dark we pulled through a gate into a new area and right below us was a big mature buck with horns that curled straight back.

My buddy tried to get on him and we started playing cat and mouse. Eventually we rounded a knob and there was a buck staring at us with horns that went straight back. My buddy decided it was time and dropped the hammer.

As soon as his buck hit the dirt, the buck we had been chasing came out from behind the knob with about 20 other goats. They were milling in and out of the sagebrush. My buddy and his father in law start telling me now is your chance, shoot him. I took the rifle and found him in the scope just as he walked into some tall sage. He started to emerge and I could see the black throat patch. I started to squeeze and next thing I knew there was a cloud of white hair. Then we watched the big buck disappear into the sunset.

I choked. It was sickening. I was utterly disgusted with myself.

• Like 2