Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Safford where are you?

I was on my way back from scouting for my highly coveted leftover tag (saw more bears than bucks) and hit some pretty good rain by the fairgrounds. good thing I was in my truck or I woulda got swallowed in some of those low spots. luckily I didn't run into any of the hail and my house didn't see any either, I'm farther west. sounded like quite a bit of damage, I think a good number of the cotton crop around safford is a loss form what I heard. it sure made for a neat lightning show to watch on my drive home.

I thought I was gonna have to pull out my floaties near the fair grounds. I got hammered in Alpine earlier, thought I was out and in the clear until I saw that awesome lightning display over the Gila Valley. When I got home I had to check my truck for dents. Looks like cotton prices are on the rise.

We spent Saturday down at St. David......left Sunday morning and rolled through Safford about noon.....there were still piles of hail along the main drag......leaves laying all over the road.....it didn't look good.

http://www.12news.com/news/local/arizona/overnight-storm-peppers-safford-with-hail-rain/332373939

There was still hail along the gutters and in some yards at 5:00pm yesterday afternoon. I live about 10 miles south of town and all we got was a nice steady rain for about an hour. We didn't get any of the wind or the hail at our place and I was shocked to see town Sunday morning. Safford and the Solomon area definitely took the brunt of it. Crazy Storm.

Yeah it was pretty brutal my Tacoma survived thanks to the tree a Park under but my wife's 2015 Acadia looks like a golfball. We had a river of hail in the street in front of my house.

Those affected by this hailstorm would be wise to have roofs, A/C units, etc. inspected for damage. A damaged roof may take a while to

reveal itself, condenser coil on A/C unit will be obvious.

With that much hail I would almost guarantee that most every roof and anything in the open like ac units, cars, etc are destroyed.

I feel for all those affected. It sucks.

The hail storm phoenix had about 6 years ago doesn't even look nearly as bad as that. The phoenix storm ruined tons of stuff. At my parents house the roof, large metal patio, ac unit, and any south facing windows were trashed. It killed 1 20' pine tree and scalped another 40' tree. I was lucky as I was working in mesa at the time. My truck didn't get golf balled, and my house in peoria was not.as bad as.what central phoenix got.

I remember sitting under that patio when. I was a kid watching what I thought were heavy hail storms. It never once left a dent. That storm golf balled that patio.

With the size and volume of hail in safford I would be willing to be it is much worse.

• Like 1