GreyGhost85

Chance to return a favor

A good buddy of mine has been with me on most of my kills the last few years. Was with me when i killed my biggest buck, my only bear and answered his phone at midnight a few years ago and was in camp before sun up the next morning with a pack string to haul out my biggest bull. He's been with my on all of my crazy, lat minute expeditions and always willing to lend some labor any time it's needed.

The Arizona draw system hasn't done him any favors so we decided this year to get him a coues tag and at least get out there and hunt. i wasn't able to hunt opening day, but was there friday night and we discussed a plan. Saturday was eventful but couldn't quite make it happen on a decent 3x3. Next morning we were back at it again. Glassed this buck first thing in the morning and through many frustrating hours of ups and downs we were able to get him knocked down. He' a great buck, killed in one of our favorite spots. This buck would be great in any unit in my book but the older and more experienced i get, i would rather kill a buck in a place that is special to me than a big buck in a random area. I only hunted 2 days, but those 2 days were grueling. Rolling out of bed this morning felt like i went 5 rounds in a UFC fight. Totally worth it.

post-63-0-18262300-1477322698_thumb.jpg

• Like 24

Nice! That's what it's all about. I love helping out on my friends and families hunts. I enjoy watching someone else fill their tag just as much, or if not more, than filling my own. Great buck. Thanks for sharing.

Heck yeah thats a Bad @$$ buck! Congrats to your buddy!

Congrats, thats a great buck! Im in the same boat, i love helping others fill their tags.

Congratulations to him as well as yourself on a great buck. Always awesome to repay the favor as well as spend good times in the hills with your buddy.

are those antlers pretty yellow? could just be the picture but they don't look as grey as most do. I wonder if he was more freshly rubbed.

That's what hunting buddies are all about :) congrats to everyone involved...especially your friend!!!

Nothing like having those select few that you know will be headed toward you the minute you need the help. Or take the time out of their busy schedules to help you out for a weekend. And always great to return the favor!

Congrats on a nice buck!