Kaffer62

Utah General Rifle Success!!!!!!

First off I want to thank Edge for talking with me on the phone and letting me bounce some ideas off of him as well as him giving me his opinion as well. He was a great help. This was my first trip to Utah and I had high hopes. We hunted the first several days, seeing a lot of deer. Unfortunately they were small 2 or 3 points. With having the whole hunt off I was willing to take my time for that "Right" buck. We ended up finding a really nice buck the Sunday night but he turned up on private land. We decided to push on. After an exiting day of my good friend Gil glassing up a 4 point shed, and a huge dead elk head (which he jumped a lion on the way to the head) we ventured into some new country. We found a nice small draw out of the way full of sage, oak brush and junipers. We thought, Wow this looks great. Just seconds into glassing this draw, I saw a huge bodied deer feeding with its head down. One look of the body told me BUCK! Gil made his way over to me and we both saw this buck and said SHOOTER! After ranging him at 274, Due to the high oak brush, I had to shoot standing up I steadied the best I could and fired! Immediately you could hear the report of the bullet hitting its mark. After high fives and hugs, Gil my dad and I walked up on my buck. I just got back into town and wanted to throw this up there. Thank you to my dad and Gil for making the trek up there and glassing until our eyes hurt! Sorry if its a little jumbled but I am tired. Thanks for listening!

post-252-0-65715900-1477447916_thumb.jpg

• Like 25

Beautiful, well done sir.

• Like 1

Holy cow

Take a measurement yet? Weigh him? Told you there's monsters there, good shooting.