IHunt2live

Another Great Year

My computer took a crap so I am going to try to do my best to post this on the phone.
Last year I was able to harvest a great buck, 110 inches, so this year I had a total different perspective going into the hunt. I told myself that I would relax more and would be just fine not filling my tag this year. I sometimes get way to uptight during these hunts so with the change in additued, and with the help of some downloaded podcasts for those long midday hours, I found myself just enjoying the experience more and passing on decent deer I would have normally shot.
I didn't get drawn and the hunt I was hoping for didn't have any leftovers so plan C it was. Knowing that good deer can be found in ANY unit just because I had a leftover tag I wasn't going to settle for what some would call a "leftover buck"
My time scouting was limited but had a few good bucks on the list and some good areas to look at. Well couldn't find the bucks I had on the hitlist so I tried a new spot that look good on day 6. Glassed him up at 1000 yards in his bed and didn't think much of him until he got up and I started seeing side views. I closed the distance by half and he helped out but closeing another couple hundred yards so about a 300 yard shot put him down.
I was presently surprised with his size as he tapped out right around 107, and maybe an inch deduction in net. He's bigger then any of the other bucks I had found scouting and he makes a total of 217 inches of bone in 2 years for me on "leftover hunts".

The pack-out... It SUCKED but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

• Like 17

good looking buck right there