Guest oneshot

Ruby Rd/36B Confrontation

Guest oneshot

Sunday am... While set-up on a buck, waiting for it to clear some brush for a shot, we had a two-seater side-by-side pull off Ruby rd and travel cross country on the opposite ridge from us. Dispite us waving you off, four hunters, one female wearing a BRIGHT RED Confederate flag hoodie, three others in camo 30yards from our 4person atv, they continued along. They saw some of the does that were were with the buck we were watching, jumped off the atv, walked down and shot at the buck, missing all three shots. They then drove down into the canyon. We walked down to have alittle "chat" with the pos.

The shooter was a young man, maybe first hunt?, an older man (grand father?), and pancho the ranch-hand. While the older man and the younger kid only said a couple of words, pancho had to speak his piece. "This is MY ranch!!!", No dumbazz, it's BLM land... " I call my Boss"... sure thing sport I'd like the have some words with him myself...

The older man did reply, "Yeah we saw you" and " We are not looking for confrontations", but had no reply to " Well by driving cross country, setting up across from other hunters, confrontation is about all you will get"...

Two of the 4hunters in our group are disabled, the female shooter is on Ox. The girl who walked into the canyon bottom told the young man she should kick his butt is also disabled.

We thought maybe they had learned their lesson, but later that day we saw them driving cross country out of that canyon with no deer...

If the young man would care to learn to hunt, without breaking laws and following some basic hunter ethics, as posted in AZGF regs... Dump those who you are with and send me a message, we will take you anywhere, for whatever hunts and not only get you game, but show you the proper way to hunt...

Plate number of avt, atv parked in canyon bottom next to water-hole, "Hunters" walk-of-shame... I didnt get a photo of pancho, he was to busy hiding his face and running away...

Photos/report were made to AZGF

Back into the hunt...

post-1378-0-99819800-1477911290_thumb.jpg

post-1378-0-28998700-1477911316_thumb.jpg

post-1378-0-03286600-1477911334_thumb.jpg

Glad it didn't escalate. While it is public land there are some people out there who hunt and don't have respect or the common decency to back out.

I had a hubby/wife up in 12B a few years walk up to my son and I in the late afternoon while we were set up sitting under some trees watching a tank. They motioned to us and walked back out. A couple of hours later as the sun set we got up and headed out for the mile or so walk back to the tent. We went about 20 yards and there the two of them were, had been sitting there the whole time, dickmove.

Once in 6A for my wife's Muzzy cow hunt we can across a water hole after a long day in the field. We decided to sit there for the last 3hrs of the day.I wrapped an orange vest around a tree that we we sitting under just in case.

An hour later a truck pulled into the water hole. Two guys got out talking up a storm as they got their stuff together. Finally after what seemed like 10min. one of them finally noticed us. We were a whole 20yards away. They both started cursing and talking poop. We did not move a muscle. They got back into the truck and started to drive away but stopped about 30yards down the road, pulled out a pistol and shot into the air 5-6 times and said a few more choice words about how the water hole was his.

• Like 1

Wow, some people are just idiots, plain and simple. Hopefully they'll learn from the crap they did if GF do anything about it.

Once in 6A for my wife's Muzzy cow hunt we can across a water hole after a long day in the field. We decided to sit there for the last 3hrs of the day.I wrapped an orange vest around a tree that we we sitting under just in case.

An hour later a truck pulled into the water hole. Two guys got out talking up a storm as they got their stuff together. Finally after what seemed like 10min. one of them finally noticed us. We were a whole 20yards away. They both started cursing and talking poop. We did not move a muscle. They got back into the truck and started to drive away but stopped about 30yards down the road, pulled out a pistol and shot into the air 5-6 times and said a few more choice words about how the water hole was his.

D heads

This doesn't suprise me at all. There are so many idiot hunters out in the field these days. There are a lot of idiot hunters during the Elk hunts, but it seems the deer hunts really bring them out of the woods.........

Just my though for today. It used to be that dove season brought the worst people out. Too lazy to do anything else, sit in a chair drinking beer, leaving trash. I think as time has moved on we now have side by sides and 1000 yard guns, enter the lazy hunters again. No i'm not calling you lazy, but now the same bottom feeders can hunt all day and shoot across the state and never break a sweat. That is the kind of hunters that everyone is seeing, that are public and visible for all to see. They are driving everywhere and shooting at anything and if you got the cash you can too. But don't lose hope the rest of us are there too, you just don't us driving across country because we are walking through the brush. You don't hear us emptying magazines because we are waiting for our shot. Our land has just be invaded by morons that we have to put up with, because you know what it makes you if you argue with them.

• Like 1

That looks a lot like a spot by Swale Tank in 18B..

I was up helping my dad in 19A this past week and some middle-aged fat guy and his daughter cruising around in there General Lee Themed razor 1000 driving cross country the whole hunt !!!!

I've never seen someone do that It was very surprising to me he had no respect for any of it !

Guest akaspecials

Kind different situation, but I had some people driving back into a clearly marked "no vehicles" area. Called the sheriff and they went out and gave them a ticket. Next day they people were doing it again! Luckily we had a 2x4 and a couple long nails; no need to call the sheriff again! Set it up a little past the "no vehicles" sign they were ignoring and inevitably they ran over it the next morning. They decided to head back to the valley right quick after that.

Sorry you had to deal with these disrespectful A-holes on your 36B hunt....hopefully I don't have to deal with them or anyone like them on my post Thanksgiving 36B hunt. I plan on hiking in a couple miles from any road, so that should greatly minimize my chances of dealing with this lazy road hunter type of crap!

Guest oneshot

UpDate... The same joes were doing the same thing 3days running...

Our camp filled all of it's Coues tags at the last minute and the Mulie tags at the rate of one-per-day(5tags)...

STAND-BY for a crazy story on this hunt...

Just my though for today. It used to be that dove season brought the worst people out. Too lazy to do anything else, sit in a chair drinking beer, leaving trash. I think as time has moved on we now have side by sides and 1000 yard guns, enter the lazy hunters again. No i'm not calling you lazy, but now the same bottom feeders can hunt all day and shoot across the state and never break a sweat. That is the kind of hunters that everyone is seeing, that are public and visible for all to see. They are driving everywhere and shooting at anything and if you got the cash you can too. But don't lose hope the rest of us are there too, you just don't us driving across country because we are walking through the brush. You don't hear us emptying magazines because we are waiting for our shot. Our land has just be invaded by morons that we have to put up with, because you know what it makes you if you argue with them.

The advent of the use of Razor, Rhino, ATV type vehicles combined with idiot hunters has really changed the hunt and the tranquility of the hunt.

I am not hardcore but I do enjoy the quiet and I definitely get riled when I see somebody going cross country in their fancy machines.

My full size truck took a beating over the rocky roads we encountered this past weekend and more than once we had to pull over where possible to let the faster ATV types go around us because they come right up on our bumper!!! The mentality is disrespectful of others and all about the "me"! I have this machine and get out of my way or I will run you over!

There are those who use such vehicles in a respectful manner but just like everything else there is always the ACE who makes everybody look bad......

Great vehicles....just not great when mixed with ACE HOLE!!!

• Like 1