Yuma Outdoorsman

Fully Grown

Well been watching this guy since August and posted several pics in previous posts. Here is what he ended up finishing up looking like about a week ago. Hope I can find him.

post-12597-0-16860400-1478217410.jpeg

post-12597-0-01711600-1478217439_thumb.jpeg

post-12597-0-24278900-1478217516_thumb.jpeg

• Like 12

Are you chasing him this year??

Season starts tomorrow and he is my #1. I've avoided the area he has been in except for camera work just to hopefully prevent spooking him out of the county. Hoping to get in his kitchen tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

Quick Update

The area he was in before the season, was so over ran with people running jeeps and rangers that I believe he got pushed into a different unit. We have seen a lot of does so I think I will hold off on him and attempt to get him during the rut in January. He might come back to this area during the rifle hunt but I bet he is hiding safely in the other unit. Such is luck with public hunting.

• Like 1

Quick Update

The area he was in before the season, was so over ran with people running jeeps and rangers that I believe he got pushed into a different unit. We have seen a lot of does so I think I will hold off on him and attempt to get him during the rut in January. He might come back to this area during the rifle hunt but I bet he is hiding safely in the other unit. Such is luck with public hunting.

Unless he was within a mile of a different unit, I'd not discount that old wise buck changing his habits of activity.

I've hunted deer over 180" every year during rifle season for the past few years and have only killed a few. A few over 200" and some nearing 220" I've hunted. All southern AZ deer. I've seen them in the exact same area after the rifle season but not during even though the buck was there 6 days before rifle season....

That first quad noise or shot, I know it sounds standard BS, will change his habits overnight. 2 seasons a year at least for 7+ years (14+ seasons at least likely) will educate fast...

I'd hunt all day in the area you last saw him and adjacent "escape areas". Glass the flats literally all day in adjacent areas. Have you had the camera up at same water? If so, how often did he water and has he appeared at water since Friday relative to the amount of days between his normal watering habits?

He may completely bail but I wouldn't count on it. He's just smart. Unless you have backup deer, I'd keep hunting him.

Good luck -

• Like 1